by Suri123 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why won’t my phone work abroad

Because EE ARE the WORSE network in uk in July i went to spain before i left uk i called EE and got told by EE just restart your phone and will be start working. In reality never work. Today got call from my son he is 17 called me from someone phone that HIS phone not working. I called EE GIVEN his number EE told me they need to speak  him. Can anyone explain these  thick EE advisor that if his phone doesn’t work how can he called EE. He can’t borrow someone phone  for hours to call EE. I just don’t understand when someone called EE BEFORE they go to holiday why the EE doesn’t do the Job in first place. MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE NEVER EVER GET CONTRACT WITH EE THEY ARE **bleep**. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Suri123 , no need to be rude, if you click here you will see how to make sure that the phone works when abroad:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-Help-when-abroad-with-your-EE-phone-or-device/td-p/...

There is another link there to see how to set up the phone before roaming, and once set up correctly it will work. People always complain about companies no matter which one it is when things do not work out for them, I have heard the same said about other companies, and here we will try and help, wherever possible.,

Another thing, if you want help, please start a new thread in future, rather than use a thread that is over a year old, thank you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Suri123   Learning how to enable roaming and call abroad from within your own EE account before you leave the UK is your responsibility not EEs.   Assuming your device will work outside the UK was your own doing not EEs. And if you had issues before then why didn’t you advise your son before he left the UK.     

your son called you so why not call EE customer services  ??   

and if your son is 17 then the only way he’ll get a contract is if you got it in your name and gave him the device so you would be the account holder.  So EE customer service will only speak with you as the account wound be in your name.    If your son is a PAYG customer and he is in the EU he can use his allowance,  outside of the EU he’ll need credit on his account to pay for calls.  

But then again I don’t believe that this is a real post and it’s just someone posting hate.  

by Suri123 Investigator
Investigator

Yes his phone on his mum name and she at work now she cant use personal call. And my son took every necessary step to get working his phone what ee told him. When i was in spain i used someone else phone to call ee and it took one hour then EE told me to wait 24 hours to get start working. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Well, I have given you the link to help you and your son, why not take a look at it? Nothing we can do here.

by Suri123 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your help i am not blaming ee community or take any responsibility. I just write my view that how EE customer service are so bad. My point was if anyone report any issue to EE its never get straight forward solution until people keep ringing them. Thank you all of you

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Suri123,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please let us know if you are able to activate roaming after following the instructions @Schockwave kindly shared with you.

Thanks 🙂

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.