by tomjw101 Investigator
Investigator

Re: What is pay as you go hibernation and how can I stop it?

Hi, it's been about 6 months since I last used my EE number, I logged into the account and there was still a small amount of Credit on the phone. I added an additional £10, got the text to the phone confirming the addition of funds (which suggests the number is still working) however, any attempt to make a call or send a text fails.

Currently in the country of Georgia and cannot send texts with the phone or make calls even though the account clearly states I have £10+ credit. Roaming was working last time I used it and haven't made any changes to that which I know of. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't Call or Text from Georgia

@tomjw101 : Doesn't seem your SIM has gone into hibernation.

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @tomjw101,

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days, your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed. But don’t worry; at this point it’s not too late to reinstate it – just get in touch with our Pay As You Go Care team.

It sounds as though your phone is still within this time if you have topped up successfully and received a text to confirm it.

Is your phone showing signal in Georgia?

Are you getting an error message when you try to dial out?

Have you been able to receive any calls or texts?

Alex 🙂

by tomjw101 Investigator
Investigator

Receiving texts, yes, ones from EE. I'd have to test if other ones could be
received.
Calls just fail straight away. Sending texts also fail.
I am definitely getting signal in Georgia, and hence receipt of texts from EE
worked.
any ideas?Thanks
by
EE Community Team

Hi @tomjw101,

Have you had a chance to check if calls and texts can be received?

Are you with anyone else at the moment who has a working UK phone?

Alex 🙂

by tomjw101 Investigator
Investigator

@Alex_S 

I had someone from the UK text me. Received the text fine. As well as the text from EE explaining what it will cost to send a text or make a call from country of Georgia.

Even though my account states I have £10.25 of credit all attempts to send texts return a red failed message. Calls also do nothing, like nothing, not even a voice to tell me they won't work. It just auto hang-up after a few seconds??

How am I supposed to call customer service from Georgia if I cannot make calls? And is it even free to call? Please let me know how to start using the credit I purchased.

Thanks
Tom

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @tomjw101

Thanks for coming here.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.