by Slart1bartfast Investigator
Investigator

Re: WIFI Calling & Signal Box

Your data roaming doesn't work in Vietnam and I'm locked out of my ee account, you have seriously let me down and affected the cost and my enjoyment of my time away.

12 REPLIES 12
Investigator

Re: Manage family on app

Your data roaming doesn't work in Vietnam and I'm locked out of my ee account, you have seriously let me down and affected the cost and my enjoyment of my time away.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Slart1bartfast

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you able to make and receive calls?

Are you with us on pay as you go or pay monthly?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Data Roaming doesn't work in Vietnam

@Slart1bartfast: Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Re: Data Roaming doesn't work in Vietnam

When I try to log in to my ee it says they are carrying out maintenance on my account please try later, it's said that for the past three days. I usually use giffgaff but had to order a new giffgaff sim for my new phone so went with ee just to see what they were like.they are dreadful, twice as expensive as giffgaff on calls and texts from Vietnam. I can't top up as I can't log in.ee have screwed me in this trip, never again.and as for the purchase of a roaming pack not enabling it what a crazy piece of design,I paid for a pack that I couldn't use because I didn't enable its use before I left.wtf. 

by

Hello there @Slart1bartfast

Are you able to make and receive calls?

Are you trying top up so you can use data?

If so and your unable to access My EE please call us on +44 7953 966 250.

Our pay as you go team will help you with this.

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

Pay as you go.I've burnt through £30 of credit plus a £10 token that came with the phone in texts and calls to 150! I calling my mother who has dementia and was cut off after a couple of minutes because I'd used my credit to try to sort data roaming and get access to my ee login to buy more credit!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As you are on PAYG you do not need to activate roaming; it is already activated on PAYG.

Call 360 to top-up.

You can't use PAYG packs in Vietnam. They are only valid for EU & UK. You will need to pay standard roaming rates for call & texts and buy add-ons for data. For prices see http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/vietnam .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Dialed 360 then +44360, got number does not exist.already been to that url and brought £5 o r£10 worth of data that lasts 24 hours.it didn't work. Ee has turned into a kafka-est catch 22 (to mix metaphors), I can't top up without logging into my ee I can't log into my ee as my account is being updated and any way the data roaming doesn't work.congratulations on such an awesome product.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Slart1bartfast

This is very unusual as 360 should allow you to top up whilst roaming.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Without prefix or suffix?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes.

by

Hi @Slart1bartfast

How did you get on? Did you manage to get through?

Could you try doing a manual network search and trying a different available network?:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.