by Ellsss Investigator
Investigator

Re: Unable to call uk mobile numbers from abroad

I am currently in Ibiza and am trying to call back home to the UK. Every time I try it tells me calls are restricted and to activate them call 470. I then try that which tells me calls are still restricted. So I can’t call out to anyone which is making it difficult for me to resolve this issue. I’ve tried manually selecting a network, switching phone off & on. I now believe it’s an issue that can only be resolved through EE’s side. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi there @Ellsss 

Thanks for coming here.

Are you with us on a pay monthly account?

If you're with us on pay monthly, you may need to activate calling abroad and premium rate calls.

You can check this by logging into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Call abroad and Premium rate calls > This will show as ticked if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

If this is not ticked, can you activate this?

Leanne 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by
Solution

Hi there @Ellsss 

Thanks for coming here.

Are you with us on a pay monthly account?

If you're with us on pay monthly, you may need to activate calling abroad and premium rate calls.

You can check this by logging into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Call abroad and Premium rate calls > This will show as ticked if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

If this is not ticked, can you activate this?

Leanne 🙂

by Ellsss Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne, 

Thank you for your help, that seems to be the case as it was turned off to which I have just turn’t it on. 

It says the change could take 24 hours but my call is a matter of emergency so is there any way this time could be reduced? Thank you again for your help.

by

Hi @Ellsss

Any account change can take up to 24 hours.

If you restart your device and try to manually connect to a network in Ibiza this can sometimes help 🙂

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by Ellsss Investigator
Investigator

That doesn’t seem to have done anything. Not to worry 24 hours is better than nothing. Thanks again!

by

No problem at all @Ellsss

Have a great time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.