by TrevConway Investigator
Investigator

Re: Roaming issues in Lithuania

I have the same problem. I can’t call any Lithuanian numbers whilst I am here in Lithuania.  I can call back tonthe UK.  I can’t even use Skype or Viber credit to do it over the internet.  I get nothing with Telia LT (the only carrier I can connect to) and I get Call Blocked when using an internet service. 

Can anyone help please. 

Ttev Conway. 

6 REPLIES 6
Investigator

NOT SOLVED. 

just to update this post, I’ve been told that “literally the numbers are blocked for commercial reasons”. Don’t know why “literally” was used in the call so frequently;  there was no way anyone would have thought anything said was a metaphor!  

Anyway, no help whatsoever. Basically it seems that EE has blocked all Lithuanian calls and Tech Support “literally” don’t know why!   Only option if you need this function, to book a City Bee car for example, is to to switch service provider unfortunately.  I now need to research the other options.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TrevConway: It was solved 2 years ago for the OP. You've latched onto an old thread. Suggest you start your own thread & we might be able to help you solve it for yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

All I have done is post on an old thread what I was told today by EE tech support. I would have posted on a recent tread if I could have found one, but I couldn’t. The level 2 support guy gave me an unconvincing response. It was all really quite bazar. I asked if I could speak with a higher level support person, because I find it hard to believe that EE would be excluding the 200,000 plus Lithuania’s living in the UK. That fell on innocently deaf ears.
Anyway, this level 2 chap told me that there was nothing he can do, he expressly said that he wished he could press fix button. He was unable to elaborate on his source that “.....’literally’ it’s commercial reasons from somewhere and ‘literally’ the response tells him that ‘some’ numbers are blocked for commercial reasons and that he ‘literally’ doesn’t know if it’s EE or Lithuanian barring all calls..... it was a hopeless conversation to be honest and he co firmed that there is definitely no fix today.
I’d be delighted if you can intervene to help resolve this.
Best Regards
Trev Conway
Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TrevConway: You choose a forum from the menus on top & then "Start a New Topic". I've started it off for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TrevConway: Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

Investigator

Yes, activated roaming of course. My troubleshooting went way beyond that. I spent a long time on the phone with UK EE tech support when I was in Lithuania. I had reported the problem previously and was asked to call when I was next in Lithuania. During this support call EE confirmed that everything on my phone and the service I had was in order. They could not fix the problem at time.  I got a call from EE when I was back in the UK and was told that “for commercial reasons many numbers are blocked”. I have not found a single number that isn’t blocked. This includes private, commercial, land lines and cellular. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.