by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

Re: OneRe: Am in Canada now and Cant ring or use data how do I contact ee

I cannot dial to anywhere, including the ee help numbers given.

13 REPLIES 13
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @mbhb

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you receive calls and texts?

Are you with us on a pay monthly account?

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Am in Canada now and Cant ring or use data how do I contact ee

@mbhb: Use the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype for free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

No, i can neither call not receive texts. I am on apayg account.

by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

I can't call or receive calls, it seems it receive texts. I'm on a pay as you go account, contracted in England two weeks ago. It has never been working.

by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

I can't send or receive calls, or send or receive texts. I'm on a pay as you go account, bought in England two weeks ago.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mbhb: Have got credit on the phone or have you bought a roaming add-on? You can't use your normal UK pack in Canada.

Here are the costs for Canada: https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/canada .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

I wasn't even able to use my data in Iceland or England, either.
If i but the add-on, will I then be able to use all the data I still have on the original plan?

Sent from my tablet. Sorry for any strange textual autocorrect aberrations!
by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

If i buy the roaming package for Canada, will i have access to the original data

I bought a sim pay as you go package in England. It never worked in England, or in Iceland, so there is a lot of data left on the package. I am in Canada now: if I buy the roaming package for Canada, will I have access to my original package data that hasn't expired?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: If i buy the roaming package for Canada, will i have access to the original

Welcome back to the EE community.

The roaming data adds ons for Canada provide a separate amount of data at a certain price. You do not get to use the SIM's UK allowance.

For Canada data addon prices: https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/canada

by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

Re: If i buy the roaming package for Canada, will i have access to the original

So since the original allowances could never be used when I was in England and Iceland, they are wasted. I don't think I'll try to go with buying an ee sim card next time I travel.

This information was VERY hard to get, and was very unclear on the My-ee sites, but i appreciate your reply.

by

Hi there @mbhb

Thanks for coming back to us.

Do you have credit on your account?

What happens when you try and make a call?

Also, when using data do you get prompted to buy a data add-on?

Leanne.

by mbhb Contributor
Contributor

When i try to make any call, i get the error that i don't have enough data to make the call. Texts simply do not get beyond "sending."
No messages that i have to get a data pack, just invitations to do it.

Sent from my tablet. Sorry for any strange textual autocorrect aberrations!
by

Hi @mbhb,

Your pay as you go account will already be set up to use abroad.

To make calls or text in Canada, you will need to have sufficient credit on your account.

To use data, you will need to purchase an add-on. If you open your web browser, you should be automatically redirected to a page where you can purchase an add-on.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.