by esb1999x
Explorer

Re: Free EU roaming: Who’s covered and what’s included

I was just wondering if I will get charged for texting my friend who has gone to america, they have an EE sim and I was just wondering if I would get charged for texting her 

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

hi @esb1999x If you are in the UK or EU and send a text to a UK number, it comes out of your inclusive allowance, it doesn't matter where your friend is. 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @esb1999x

If they are using a UK telephone number, your texts/calls to their number will come out of your allowances.

Please bear in mind they would get charged for receiving your calls but not texts.

Many thanks,

Lee

by esb1999x
Explorer

Does that mean that even though I have unlimited texts, I will be charged for sending a text ??

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@esb1999x No, if you are in the UK and send a text to a UK number then it will come out of your unlimited allowance

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Basically, whenever you call or text a UK number, it's always the same for you, the CALLER/SENDER, it doesn't matter where the recipient is (simply because you can't really know that so it wouldn't make sense to charge you differently).

The recipient can receive texts free of charge, but they may be charged to receive calls if they don't have an allowance for calls abroad (Max plan, minutes anywhere add-on, etc.).

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.