by tucunita Investigator
Investigator

Re: Ecuador network

Just spent the last couple of hours reading through the many frustrated posts about no roaming connection in Colombia and Ecuador, because I have the same problem.

Can anyone tell me what network(s) EE partners with in Ecuador, please?

PS: Yes, roaming is on and works in other countries; Yes, have switched 4G on/off; Yes, I have tried manually selecting networks; Yes, I have restarted the phone; Yes, I have tried the SIM in another phone; Yes, my other SIMs (other providers) work fine and so on, but I need to receive an SMS on my EE number.

PPS: It is pretty poor that EE does not seem to work in Ecuador when various other UK and European providers work just fine with multiple roaming partners.

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tucunita,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems using your phone in Ecuador.

Please get in touch with the Tech Care Team so we can look into this for you.

If you don't have access to another phone, you can chat online by logging in to My EE.

Thanks

James

by tucunita Investigator
Investigator

I am on an 'Everything Pack' (and have been for 18 months or so), which I believe does not include chat support?

If someone could answer my question, then I could at least determine whether my problem is simply because EE does not have sufficient roaming agreements for where I am:

Which networks can I use (does EE partner with) in Ecuador?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tucunita: Your PAYG Pack is not valid in Ecuador. It is only valid in the EU. For charges there see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/ecuado... . However receiving a text is free anywhere in the world.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by tucunita Investigator
Investigator

I don't think you understand the issue. Well, I can tell that you do not understand the issue - perhaps you did not read my first post. I am (obviously) well aware that the allowances of the pack are not valid in Ecuador, what I am asking about is connection to a network - any connection at all. I do not get any connection at all, so I can also not receive an SMS/txt message.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I do understand your Q but don't know the answer. So I didn't attempt to answer it but instead point out something that may be relevant to you or not as the case may be..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by tucunita Investigator
Investigator

Received an email telling me I should leave a comment if I had not encountered a solution.

So here goes: No, I have not received a solution or even an answer to my rather simple question:

With which networks does EE partner in Ecuador?

But at this stage I am expecting nothing. The problem features in various threads over at least 2-3 years and none of them, as far as I can tell, have led to any solutions. Someone very keen pursued the question, spending hours across many days, loads of cash on phone calls to support, emailing, chat and what not, but still no solution, just some half-baked responses.

In the end they were referred to some small print, somewhere, stating something to the effect of:

"We are not responsible for partner networks".

Well thanks for that. I am surrounded here by people using other UK, EU, and Chinese providers and they can connect. So go figure....

Upon my return I will change to a different provider and anyone contemplating travelling in South America should do the same: EE is useless.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tucunita

If you drop down 3G does this improve the signal you receive?

Katie

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.