by LauraDlnv
Explorer

Re: Can u use your phone as normal in Switzerland

Hi all, resurfacing this old topic. 2 questions:

• I read in the T&C that you can use only up to 15GB when aborad, even if (for example) my plan is 20GB ... is this correct? So I have a limit of 15GB in Swizterland (CH) and the remaining is 5GB UK only? How will EE know when I am running out of CH data? 
  • Second https://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-phones I saw the offer for 20GB per month... but then in the T&C it seems this is data only? As I still have to pay for calls and texts? 

Is the above correct? Is there a better deal on the same price range for someone working in CH and living in UK ? 

Also, sorry, this might be one for EE staff:

• Can someone reassure me that this deal will still be valid (unchanged) after Brexit at the end of March? 
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LauraDlnv:

1. Yes, it's a max of 15 GB per billing month. EE will know what data you use from abroad.
  2. On that page you will see when you click See plan details :
    EU roaming

Use your minutes, texts and up to 15GB from your data allowance in 48 European destinations. No roaming charges. See a list of destinations here
  3. Deals are changing all the time, nowt to do with Brexit.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by LauraDlnv
Explorer

Thank you 🙂 

Do you know how to reach EE support? There doesn't seem to be a form, email or chat... I can't phone coz I'm abroad without roaming.

Most of questions are still open and I would like some guarantee from EE of what's included: .e.g. reading the generic T&C it doesn't sound like *minutes* are for free... as I still have to pay for calls, same for texts. 

Also if I commit to spend £20 vs £10 of my current provider, I need some guarantee to justify the extra costs 

I think my Brexit question is a totally valid one, not to be dismissed - given that bi-later agreements will likely change and it could be I will spend extra money just to be cut out in April anyway 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LauraDlnv: Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

EE CS nos. are in my sig. Also you can click "Contact Us" at top of this page.

Sorry, I'm not qualified to predict what will happen with Brexit any more than anyone else is. I'll happily answer your technical Qs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.