by Thrynders Investigator
Investigator

Problems making calls in USA

Hi.

I’m on holiday in USA and on previous visits have never had a problem making or receiving texts and calls Fumo my mobile. This time the phone is saying mobile network not available when I try to send a text or make a call. I checked before I came via text to EE and was told it would be good to go on arrival. Any help much appreciated.

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Problems making calls in USA

If on contract, try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Thrynders

Have you been able to follow the steps provided by @XRaySpeX?

Is this now resolved?

Katie 🙂

by Thrynders Investigator
Investigator

hi X-ray spex.

thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delay. I haven’t had the opportunity to try your advice until now. Both roaming and calling abroad are ticked on my account. 

When I try to make a call I get the message ‘ not registered on network’. If I try to send a text I get  the message ‘no signal found s for mobile networks’. Do you have any other ideas I could try.

many thanks 

thrynders 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.