by carriewillis
Visitor

Phone wont work abroad

Hi there,

I have calls texts and data included in my phone package while Im away in the states and it was enabled before I left as far as i am aware. I currently have 'no service' so am unable to call customer services to rectify the problem. Please help as I took out this phone package for the very reason that I could use the phone while im away. Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone wont work abroad

Did it ever work in USA & how long have you been out there?

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by noCGN Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi carriewillis,

1] what happens when you search for network manually, will the phone find any networks and let you log in manually?

2] what make and model of the phone have you got?

The reason I ask is that in the US of A they have different band that they operate mobile networks on.

http://maps.mobileworldlive.com/network.php?cid=169&cname=United%20States

You could use VoIP app like Skype or my favorite freevoipdeal.com on PC or your phone connected to Wi-Fi and call EE for cheap or free depending what number you ring....if need to get in contact with EE.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @carriewills.

Has the suggestions above helped you get service?

If not are you with us on an EE personal contract?

I will see what we can do to help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.