by Weejaney Investigator
Investigator

Phone stopped working abroad

Hi all -hoping someone can point me in the right direction- I've come to France through Geneva airport and I received a couple of welcome messages from EE when I arrived and my phone was working fine, able to text, etc.  However, halfway through the bus journey I started getting "failed to send" error messages when I tried to send texts, and I cannot use my phone to call people- I can't even call or text EE customer services to solve this.  Any ideas would be much appreciated here - I'm waiting for an important call this week and don't want to run the risk of not being able to connect 😞 

thanks guys xxx

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Phone stopped working abroad

Hello @Weejaney did you enable roaming at least 24-48hrs before traveling:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/532570

Are there any other networks you can try when you perform a manual network search? More information on what to do when having problems roaming abroad:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Roaming-with-EE-What-to-do-if-you-re-having-problems-abroad/td...

🙂

by Weejaney Investigator
Investigator

Ah, I didn't enable roaming beforehand as I've never done that before and never had problems-that would explain the problem (although strange that I could send texts and call for the first couple of hours)

is is there anything that I can do now to enable roaming if I can't contact customer services from my phone?

thanks guys (as ever with my tech stuff problems, blatant human error on my part!!)

jx

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Once roaming has been enabled you should be good to go including any future traveling.

🙂

by Weejaney Investigator
Investigator

Yeah,  i can't enable data roaming on my phone as the tab is greyed out and won't let me click on it, and I can't txt or call 150 as my phone isnt roaming enabled so I just keep getting error fail messages.  Might have to just give up on using my phone while I'm abroad

thanks anyway

j

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Weejaney,

Thanks for joining the EE Community. Smiley Happy

If you log in to My EE you can chat with customer services online. They'll be happy to activate roaming for you.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.