by ChemicalDave Contributor
Contributor

Phone goes straight to voicemail when in Spain

Hi

Hopefully someone can help with a baffling problem I have while roaming in Spain. I am connected to Movistar (automatically) and have a great signal and 4g data. I can make calls fine to UK and other mobiles in Spain. When I receive calls the phone does not ring!! It goes straight to voicemail and I get a text a few seconds later saying I had a missed call. Affects both calls from UK landline and mobile and when iIam called on  another EE mobile here in Spain also roaming with Movistar.

I have roaming on, both on phone and my EE account on web. The phone has been switched off and on. I have extended the time before the call goes to voicemail to 25 seconds, but the caller doesn't even get a ringtone 

I have a MAX plan and Pixel 3. Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Phone goes straight to voicemail when in Spain

Good Morning @ChemicalDave

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Does the other EE phone receive calls?

Have you tried connecting to a different network in Spain to see if you can receive calls?

To do this, go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

Hope to hear back from you soon 🙂

Leanne.

by ChemicalDave Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne

The other EE phone (iphone) has the same problem as well.

We have both changed networks to YOIGO and this seems to have sorted the problem. The slight downside is that where we are, the data fluctuates between 4g and H and is noticeably slower than with Movistar. Thanks for the advice. Very helpful.

Dave

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @ChemicalDave

No problem at all.

I hope you have a lovely time in Spain 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.