by behoult1 Investigator
Investigator

Pay as you go charge when roaming incorrect

Hello,

My parents are roaming with a new EE pay as you go SIM and they are on the Telenor Maritime network. Their texts have been charged at £1.20 each not the 50p each as adverised on the EE website.

I asked via online chat who confirmed the charge is incorrect and advised I need to phone. Calling in, I got redirected from tech support operator then hung up after 10 mins on hold. SInce then I've called and the lines are shut an hour before it says on the website.

How can I ask for the billing to be corrected on the pay as you go account?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Pay as you go charge when roaming incorrect

Hi, 

You will need to speak to CS tomorrow after 8am as there is no account access on these forums. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @behoult1

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

I can see @Northerner has given you the right information.

Have you spoken with pay as you go customer services as they will help you further.

Let me know how you get on.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by behoult1 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your replies. I did call this evening and got a trainee operator who did not do a good job of satisfying my query. I have just submitted the below email to the complaints web form. I anm really amazed they can "guess" their way through answers!

The story continues.

Hello,

I am writing in the hope that you can help my new pay as you go account query, because after my fourth phone call, and 50 minutes speaking to a colleague I have not been able to resolve my simple billing query.

My wife is roaming with this pay as you go phone (number removed on forum) The PAYG SIM was purchased to roam whilst on a cruise ship and was chosen for your roaming rates. This page (http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs) lists your Maritime charges as 50p per text message.

When running low on credit I checked my account (online in MyEE) to find I have been billed £1.20 per text in error.

This evening I spoke to Armina who needed to transfer me to a pay as you go operator. (My call was made at 18:52 and lasted for 50 minutes) The lady I spoke to tried to give me several reasons for the difference in charging, none of which make any sense. She said it is because I looked at rates to call ships from the UK (not roaming), and that the extra 70p difference is a fee from the Maritime network not charged by EE. This is not true because it is not detailed on your web page. The final guess of an explanation suggested the higher charge could be because the mobile phone is roaming between “the ship’s network” and “the EE network”. This is untrue because there is only 1 network operating on a cruise ship (unlike when roaming across borders).

Nearing the end of the call when your operator could not offer any other reason she offered to refund the difference spent on text messages for which I accepted (£11.20). She then told me that I will be liable for spending £1.20 on the future text messages. I reject this explanation because it disagrees with your website and I expect to be able to get the rates advertised.

Please can you look into the continuing billing error. If you cannot resolve it and provide the correct rates I will ask for the account to be closed and seek to be refunded for my 2 x £20 credits back to my credit card. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

by

Good morning @behoult1

Thank you for coming back to us in community 🙂

Any billing problem you advise you are having would need to be flagged and potentially escalated within the billing team themselves.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, then please see our ways to complain to support you further.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by behoult1 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your reply.

I would have continued with the complaint escalation on the phone and maybe got to speak to billing, but I was losing the will after nearly an hour.

Knowing that the texts will be eating up more credit than they should I am avoiding using the phone as much as possible.

I sent the above message via the complaint form and am hopefull of a reply that makes more sense very soon.

by
EE Employee

Hi @behoult1 and welcome back.

I have spoken to the complex billing team in regards to this issue, they are aware and are investigating a fix.

Credits will be automatically applied once this is resolved.

Many thanks,

Lee

by behoult1 Investigator
Investigator

Hello @Lee_H

Thank you for picking up my issue and looking into it with the billing team.

Regards,

by

Morning @behoult1

I will certainly pass your message to @Lee_H

Let us know if you need anything further 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.