by claracarey
Explorer

PAYG COST FOR USE IN GERMANY

Hello

I live in Canada, and visited the UK in April 2017.  While there I purchased an EE sim card to use for the week I was in the UK.

I am headed to Germany (Landing in Frankfurt, staying in Berlin) in October 2017 and I am wondering:

a)  Can I use the same sim card?

b)  What will the cost be?  (I need about 2 GIG of data, no calls, and very few texts)

c)  Should I top up my money on my SIM card prior to going to Germany and then activate it once I land?

d)  How do I activate it?  and is it immediate?

I tried texting RO GERMANY to 150 with my EE sim card in, but its not providing a response.  I am assuming this is because I am in Canada?  

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks so much 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: PAYG COST FOR USE IN GERMANY

a) Yes. Make sure you keep it activated by using it at least once every 180 days.

b) Same as UK. The £15 Everything Pack would seem to suit you best. Text EP15 to 150 when you're over here. See Pay as you go packs - minutes, texts and data

( @James_B: There's a error on that page in the footnote under the "What packs are available?" table. "£15 4GB Everything Pack" should be "£15 4GB Data Pack")

c) You can top it up when you like with a UK bank card.

d) It should have been already activated when you were here last.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

a) Yes. Make sure you keep it activated by using it at least once every 180 days.

b) Same as UK. The £15 Everything Pack would seem to suit you best. Text EP15 to 150 when you're over here. See Pay as you go packs - minutes, texts and data

( @James_B: There's a error on that page in the footnote under the "What packs are available?" table. "£15 4GB Everything Pack" should be "£15 4GB Data Pack")

c) You can top it up when you like with a UK bank card.

d) It should have been already activated when you were here last.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by claracarey
Explorer

Thanks so much!  Super helpful 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @XRaySpeX

We will ask for this to be amended 🙂

Glad you got the help you needed @claracarey

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.