by prs642 Contributor
Contributor

Overseas network connection

Hi, 

I'm a PAYG customer just arrived in El Salvador but cannot get a network connection by using automatic or manual selection. 

Prior to El Salvador i was in Mexico, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Bangladesh & Laos but experienced no connection problems, anybody recommend a solution 

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Overseas network connection

Hi, 

When was the last time you made a chargeable call or text? Maybe it's a hibernation issue? 

Also try turning your phone network to 2G/3G, and resetting your network if you gave an apple device. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Fantastic set of answers/ideas @Northerner

Have you tried this piece of advice in particular @prs642 by any chance?

"Also try turning your phone network to 2G/3G, and resetting your network if you gave an apple device."

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by prs642 Contributor
Contributor

The phone is a Samsung A5 (2017). Regarding Hibernation, my account was activated middle of May 2017 i never received a text after 120 days and made a chargeable text and top-up on 1st November 2017 and continued to receive a network connection until 6th December, the day i left Mexico. It would also be extremely coincidental to have coverage 23:00 in Mexico and not have it at 05:00 in El Salvador when my phone was switched on again.

Network setting have been reset, i've also selected 2G only, 3G only 3G/2G (auto connect), LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) and cannot join network automatically By selecting networks manually i get the following options, Movistar, Digital, CLARO SV & Tigo SV but none of these can be joined, always receive the message "Your Sim Card does not allow connection to this network" or "Unavailable to connect try again later"

As a side note i used to be a Three mobile PAYG customer and whilst they provide roaming coverage in Central & South America for contract customers for PAYG customers coverage is not available in most of the countries, Perhaps EE are similar?

by

Hi @prs642

We have a roaming agreement with Movistar and Digicel in El Salvador.

Are you aware of other users that are able to get a service on either of those networks?

It could be that the area that you're in does not get a particularly strong mobile service.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

by prs642 Contributor
Contributor

If been in San Salvador, the capital city and San Vicente, a relatively large city. Local people I know that have SIM cards from Movistar and Digicel have no connection problems but i haven't met any foreigners who may be roaming to ask them.

Does your roaming agreement apply to contract and PAYG customers? See my previous comment re three mobile 

by

Hi @prs642,

Yes, it includes pay as you go users.

I've double checked and we have no reported roaming outages at the moment.

This issue would need to be investigated by our technical team via customer services.

Thanks

James

by prs642 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for confirming that, so i need to write a letter or make an international phone call? Can this not be resolved by email 

by

Hi @prs642,

It's not possible to contact pay as you customer services via email.

Do you have an alternative means of calling? Skype perhaps?

Thanks

James

by prs642 Contributor
Contributor

I have WhatsApp or viber 

by

Hello there @prs642

Please call us on +44 (0) 7953 966 250 and we will help you get this looked into.

Thanks, Leanne.

by prs642 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Leanne, 

Is that contact number WhatsApp or Viber? 

by
EE Employee

Hi @prs642

Customer services are not able to be contacted via WhattsApp or Viber.

Do you have Skype as mention above by @James_B?

Many thanks,

Lee

by prs642 Contributor
Contributor

Yes i have Skype 

by
EE Employee

Hi @prs642

I have looked further into this and we currently are seeing issues on the two partner network we use in El Salvador.

I will certainly keep an eye on this issue for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.