by Katikins Investigator
Investigator

Outgoing and incoming calls barred but able to top up

Hi, I switched from a contract to pay as you go in January as I live abroad. Roaming has been enabled and my phone was previously working fine. 

I'm now unable to make or receive calls or send texts for the last 2 days but my phone shows I have signal. This is despite the fact that I have credit and have an ongoing everything pack which won't expire for another 7 days. 

When I log into my ee page it still shows my final bill from my contract and has no information about my pay as you go or my pack. I can't phone the helpline or text 150. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Outgoing and incoming calls barred but able to top up

EE products are intended for UK residents who do short trips/holidays abroad. So EE has a Stable Link policy that requires you to spend at least 2 months in the UK in any 4 month period to benefit from their roaming plans. You have been away for longer continuously. You should receive a text warning when you exceed that & you may be then cut off or have to pay a surcharge.

See  Pay as you go roaming

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Katikins

Welcome to the community.

This could have something to do with the stable links policy that @XRaySpeX referred to, details of which can be found on our pay as you go price plan guide (page 6).

I recommend contacting customer services from another phone to get some clarity on what has happened with your account specifically.

You can find contact details, including an international number, on our get in touch help page.

Chris

by Katikins Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thanks for the response and sorry I wasn't clearer. I have a French sim which I use the majority of the time and really only use the ee sim when I'm back in the UK and to occasionally phone a UK number. 

I was there last week for a while so bought the pack and as I have a few calls I need to make was planning on using it now I'm back in France.

I haven't received a warning message, but I have been told there are seven days left in my pack. 

by

Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying, @Katikins.

Did the SIM work in France between switching to pay as you go in January and coming back to the UK?

Chris

by Katikins Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris, 

Yes it has previously worked as a PAYG sim in France. 

Thanks  

Katie 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, but you have used the SIM in France if only occasionally while you pop back to the UK for short visits as I understand it.

Have you spent at least 60 days in the UK in the last 120 days?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

I suggest trying to connect to a different French network to see if the same thing happens, @Katikins:

Device type Steps
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

If it does or you're unable to try that, I recommend speaking to customer services.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.