by Ukbackpacker
Explorer

Outgoing and Incoming calls barred

I am backpacking alone around south america and need a phone that works for safety etc. 

My roaming is on and i have checked my online account to verify this. I have also checked my phone settings and all is fine. 

I have been making and receiving calls without a problem until today. As of today i cannot call out...it states outgoing calls barred. When people try to call me it speaks at them in spanish(im in Argentina) and does not ring on my phone. Texts work fine. 

I cannot call EE as my phone isnt working. Help please ASAP...its not safe here without having access to phones to call taxis etc

6 REPLIES 6
by Ukbackpacker
Explorer

Outgoing and Incoming calls barred

I am backpacking alone around south america and need a phone that works for safety etc. 

My roaming is on and i have checked my online account to verify this. I have also checked my phone settings and all is fine. 

I have been making and receiving calls without a problem until today. As of today i cannot call out...it states outgoing calls barred. When people try to call me it speaks at them in spanish (im in Argentina) and does not ring on my phone. Texts work fine. 

I cannot call EE as my phone isnt working. Help please ASAP...its not safe here without having access to phones to call taxis accommodation etc.

The only thing i can think of is that some setting with ee has changed due to my monthly contract ending around about now...

Can one of the EE team email me please asap.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Outgoing and Incoming calls barred

@Ukbackpacker: No one from here will email you.

You can set up a live chat tomorrow - see EE Live Chat: ways to chat online

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ukbackpacker  Unless you gave notice on your contract it hasn't ended but instead changed to a 30 day rolling contract, and it will stay at this trill you give notice.  And if your contract has ended like you say do you think it will not get cut off.  But unless you have notice it hasn't been cut off.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Ukbackpacker

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Have you spoken to customer services yet?

Have you attempted a manual network search where you are?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: I'm sure OP means his contract term has ended, not his contract as a whole. Otherwise he wouldn't trying to use his phone now & checking his online account to verify roaming. As I'm sure you know many users talk about these things loosely Smiley Wink.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.