by aspers13 Investigator
Investigator

Outgoing International Roaming - Barring Enabled

Hi community,

This seems to be a common theme, but in the call settings on my phone, Outgoing International Roaming barring is enabled. Having experienced this before, i know that when I go overseas (Holland next month) I will not be able to make any calls. Text messages and data will work fine.

I am using an HTC U11 on one of the personal 4GEE Max plans.

I have just spoken to Customer Services and they say it's an HTC issue, not an EE issue. They have given me the PIN2 but that didn't work. They say Roaming is all fully activated and it shoudl work.

When this happened before (2 contracts ago in 2013, and last contract about 2 years ago), I know that I eventually got EE to change something. I have seen someone here say that EE (Simon in tech support?) looked through their account settings twice before managing to sort it on his Samsung S8, and put the solution out to the rest of the techs, but either his solution was S8 specific or they're ignoring it, as they didn't seem to come up with anything for me.

Any help would be appreciated. Apologies for the long message!

Thanks,

Ian

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by aspers13 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Outgoing International Roaming - Barring Enabled

Hi all,

This has now been resolved.

I believe it comes down to putting the SIM in a new phone, and it being some kind of automatic protection thing. All it takes is the account to be refreshed and the phone restarted. I was lucky in that when I got it sorted out in 2015, the tech chap put the solution in my notes, so when I eventually managed to speak to a tech chap last night (Richard) he looked at the notes, and it took all o 2 minutes, and that was mostly the restarting of the phone. Whatever he did at the EE end i think was a click of a button, as he said this is what I need to do and immediately said it was done, and asked me to restart the phone. I did ask him to spread this around.

If anyone else has this issue, i suggest they ask Customer Services to go straight through to tech people, and ask them to refresh the account, as it would appear this works, and I suspect it isn't phone specific (i.e. not just HTC).

Cheers,

Aspers13

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Roaming can take 24/48 hours to activate.

Pin2 is for if your sim is locked so is this another issue? 

If EE have set up roaming (and it says it's activated if you txt ROAMING to 150) then it will work. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by aspers13 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Northerner. However I am not as confident as you in EE.

I've never had international calling blocked on my account, but when I was in Italy in 2013 (when roaming was very much activated and set up) I couldn't call due to the barring settings.

My roaming is all definitely set up and activated etc. I don't want to get to Holland in a few weeks time, try and call only to find out I can't.  

In the past when I@ve had this issue, I have eventually managed to get my phone to show that precise setting as disabled, but it was done with the EE people on the phone, I'm sure in part through an SMS update, although that may only have been in 2013 and not 2015. In 2015 it definitely involved restarting the phone as the chap i was speaking to had to wait 5 minutes and call me back.

It also did not involve me putting in a password that no-one seems to know. From what it looked like on another post this password doesn't exist.

The PIN2 was when the tech person "went upstairs" and they said the only password it might be is the PIN2. I also tried PIN1 - neither password worked.

Apologies for the longwinded reply!!

by re2

Hi

I have a personnel ee account , i have landed abroad and can text but cant make calls, my account says roaming enabled and tried the text to 150 which says i can roam.

can you send me a live chat link to sort this out.

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @aspers13,

Welcome to the EE Community.

It's not possible to remove an international calling bar in your phone's settings. It needs to be removed from your account by customer services.

Please get in touch with customer services and ask a member of the team to check there isn't an international/premium rate calling bar on your account.

Thanks

James

by

Hi @re2,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

James

by aspers13 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hi all,

This has now been resolved.

I believe it comes down to putting the SIM in a new phone, and it being some kind of automatic protection thing. All it takes is the account to be refreshed and the phone restarted. I was lucky in that when I got it sorted out in 2015, the tech chap put the solution in my notes, so when I eventually managed to speak to a tech chap last night (Richard) he looked at the notes, and it took all o 2 minutes, and that was mostly the restarting of the phone. Whatever he did at the EE end i think was a click of a button, as he said this is what I need to do and immediately said it was done, and asked me to restart the phone. I did ask him to spread this around.

If anyone else has this issue, i suggest they ask Customer Services to go straight through to tech people, and ask them to refresh the account, as it would appear this works, and I suspect it isn't phone specific (i.e. not just HTC).

Cheers,

Aspers13

by

Thanks for the update @aspers13

Glad it's sorted. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.