by confucius
Explorer

On New Max Plan (4G data), Calling USA from EU countries like France

I am on the new Max plan with 4G data, unlimited texts and minutes. When I am in EU countries like France, can I call countries like USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand for free (and texting too)?

Vice Versa, when I am in USA, one of the 5 countries in the new plan, Can I call the EU countries and the other 4 (Canada Mexico, Australia and New Zealand) for free (and Texting too)?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: On New Max Plan (4G data), Calling USA from EU countries like France

Hi @confucius. You are correct, on a new max plan, you can call and text the EU/5 other countries wheverer you are in of the inclusive roaming countries.

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @confucius. You are correct, on a new max plan, you can call and text the EU/5 other countries wheverer you are in of the inclusive roaming countries.

by confucius
Explorer

Thank you for the reply. I have another question. When I am in UK, calling those EU/5 other countries will incur extra charge. Is that right?

If that is the case, it sounds more expensive to use EE in my home country UK than to use EE when I am outside my home countries ( texting and calling). That is really illogical. When I am in EU countries, I can call UK using my allowances; but when I am in UK my home country, I have to pay extra to call EU Countries.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@confucius Yes, that's correct too! Using a phone in the UK to call those same countries is more expensive than when you are in the EU! 

That said, there are many ways to avoid paying EEs standard rates for international calls.

As for texting, when you have whatsapp, imessage, hangouts, etc, there's usually one you can find that works where it's free for both of you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

For making International calls/texts from UK, text CALL ABROAD to 150 to get much cheaper-than-standard rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @confucius

Thanks for coming here.

Full information on the Calling Abroad-Add-on can be found on our help page>

This will give you reduced rates to call abroad from the UK.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.