by chrisupminster
Visitor

Not answering abroad

What I want to know is will I get charged if I do not answer an incoming call while I am abroad with Voicemail turned off?  I am going to Africa so I want to avoid roaming charges.

I can see that I should switch voice mail off as a must  . However if the phone rings I will be able to see who called so I can then call them back using a different phone ( company is paying) or whatsapp. If it is going to cost me c£1.80 a minute not to recieve calls then I will just take the sim out and hope i dont miss any important calls from someone who doesnt know I am away

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not answering abroad

No, you should not be charged, as you have VM OFF.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Not answering abroad

Hi @chrisupminster

Welcome to the community. 🙂

You will only be charged for an incoming call if you answer or it diverts to voicemail.

If you turn off your voicemail, by texting VM OFF to 150, people won't be able to leave you a voicemail.

So, you will be able to see who rang you by the missed call and call them back on your other phone.

Have a brilliant trip. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.