by Kreeves55 Investigator
Investigator

No text or phone available in France. Unable to call to sort out the problem

Not able to get in contact with EE as local provider is blocking both text and phone .ROAMING not roaming! Help 

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: No text or phone available in France. Unable to call to sort out the problem

Hello there @Kreeves55

Welcome to the community.

Can you check your roaming is set up as below;

To check this, log into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming abroad.

If this is not showing as ticked, can you activate this within your My EE?

This can take up to 24 hours to update for you. 

Let me know how this goes.

Speak soon, Leanne

Investigator

Re: No text or phone available in France. Unable to call to sort out the problem

Thank you for your reply Leanne. Unfortunately, that is already ticked 

Cheers Keith 

by

Thanks for checking @Kreeves55

Can you receive calls and texts?

Also, can you try and connect to a different network as below;

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

Investigator

I can definitely receive text but not had any calls. Will check changing the carrier 

by

Thanks that would be great @Kreeves55

It's also worth checking your international calls is set to allowed with your My EE account.

To check this, log into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > International Calls

Let me know how this goes.

Investigator

I can definitely receive text but not had any calls. Will check changing the carrier 

Investigator

Update, thank you Leanne. Changing carrier seems to have sorted it. I can now text and call. Thank you for the helpful advice. It is great fully received. 

Cheers Keith 

by

Excellent, I'm glad you're all up and running, @Kreeves55. 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your time in France.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.