by Lawson91 Investigator
Investigator

No service in USA

Hi

I'm currently travelling in the USA and have no signal whatsoever. I have tried manually connecting to various networks but all come up with the same "unavailable at the moment, please try later" message.

I travelled throug Brussels and Canada to get here and had roaming messages in each of those countries but have received nothing in the USA, have no signal to make any calls or use data.

Please help, I need to contact a ride when I get off this train!!

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No service in USA

by Lawson91 Investigator
Investigator

I have indeed!

It briefly flashes connected to a network (123 was the latest result) before returning to no signal

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lawson91,

Welcome to the EE Community.

It sounds like it could just be an issue with the local network.

Have you tried selecting a different network manually?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

Hope this helps.

James

by Lawson91 Investigator
Investigator

OK, I had tried this, without success.

However I have just had a message saying my security has stopped, and I now have signal. 

I'm concerned that my security app is preventing my signal, thoughts?

by Lawson91 Investigator
Investigator

Signal is coming and going, but is not available majority of time, even in cities (Seattle)

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Lawson91

Sorry to hear you're having problems using your phone while you're in America. Smiley Sad

If the your security app stopped working and your signal returned, it would appear your security app might be preventing your phone from connecting to a network.

I recommend you disable your security app or uninstall it and see if you can connect to a network. The networks that you should be able to use while your roam in America are, T-Mobile and AT&T.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions