by KNAllington Contributor
Contributor

No service in French Polynesia - Tahiti and Bora Bora

I have no service on my phone (iPhone X) in French Polynesia (Tahiti and Bora Bora).

Was working fine back in the UK and when I landed in Los Angeles, also when I was recently in China and Singapore.

Have tried to manually select Network Provider and rest phone by removing SIM.

Roaming is on.

Have 'Live Chatted' with EE who can't help me, but will get their 'Tech Guru's' to call me to talk through the issue - but I have no phone to take the call!

Any help please?

32 REPLIES 32
Contributor

Re: EE Roaming - Help when abroad with your EE phone or device

I've done all the things you suggested, but the phone will not get service in French Polynesia (Tahiti and Bora Bora).

I have contacted Live Chat who have confirmed all my roaming is set up.

Why is it not working and what can I do?

It was working fine recently in China and Singapore and then on my way here, in Los Angeles

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No service in French Polynesia - Tahiti and Bora Bora

@KNAllington  have you restarted the device ?  have you tried turning off 4G as you’ll only get 3G,  If you was receiving signals in other countries then your account is setup and there is nothing that needs to be changed with your account.  This issue is the location your now at.  You want Automatic enabled in Network selection on the device.  Does anyone else with you have a signal on their device?  

Contributor

Chris

Thanks- I have restarted the device and I have taken the SIM out.

I have tried Auto Network and Manual. I have tried turning off 4G.

We have two EE phones here, neither work, but they are showing Networks available as VODAFONE PF and F-VINI.

My friends have Vodafone in the UK and their phones work fine.

Seems very odd to me - maybe EE don't really have connection agreements here but won't admit it?

Shame, as I am paying for this service, so time to change Networks I think

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Contributor

Chris

Thanks - I am aware of the costs as I’m signed up and paying for the package.

What I haven’t got is service and I would appreciate any help I can get to sort this out please?

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KNAllington,

Welcome to the EE Community.

We have a roaming agreement with Vini in French Polynesia.

If you've selected that network and aren't getting any service, it could be a local network issue.

Have you been able to try to connect in more than one location?

Thanks

James

Contributor

Thanks

I’ve tried to connect at Tahiti airport and then the Four Seasons Bora Bora. If it is a local connection issue, can you not connect the local partner you have the agreement with to get this sorted?

Thanks

Keith

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@KNAllington   Is anyone else using this network?  or can you ask anyone?  It could be a network issue that needs fixing in that area.  

by

Hi @KNAllington,

If you continue to have issues, I would recommend getting in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can look into this for you.

If you don't have access to another phone, you can chat online via My EE.

Hope this helps.

James

Contributor

Completely unable to get the service that EE said they can provide via their arrangement with the local provider and no one at EE able to help me whilst I was there.

Have now lost confidence in travelling with EE as my phone service and will now check out Vodafone, which always seems to work overseas with my friends

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@KNAllington   EE is not responsible for the network coverage overseas,  while they might have an agreement with the local operator it doesn’t mean that the local network is in every area. 

Contributor

That really is good customer service isn't it?

You advertise that you provide the service, we pay you for a serive, including it, but then you can't provide it or sort it out.

EE 'aren't responsible' - that's a good reason to go with a company that can provide it and cares!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@KNAllington   I’m a customer just like you,  but I’m aware that EE doesn’t operate a network outside of the UK and rely on roaming partners to supply that infrastructure but how that roaming partner deploys it’s network is not down to EE.  

by

Did you manage to speak to the Tech Gurus again, @KNAllington?

Chris

Contributor

Oh, I see, thanks. However, I tend to disagree, if EE have an agreement with an overseas provider and then they sell the benefits of that agreement on to customers, despite what the tricky 'small print' might say, they should make sure that the service works, or be able to sort it out

Contributor

I didn't, as they could only deal with me by phone and my phone wasn't working and I didn't want to spend all day on to tech support from a hotel room. It's easier to just go with another provider that never seem to have the same issues that EE have

by

I'm sure that you'd much prefer to be outdoors enjoying the beatiful surroundings, but, are you able to use the live chat service, @KNAllington?

If you're able to log into your My EE account, a pop up window will appear when one of our Tech Gurus are able to help.

Chris

Contributor

I tried Live Chat but they can only help with basics so couldn't sort anything for me. They told me to borrow someone's phone who was on an alternative service provider and use that to call the Tech Guru's!

by Baz000
Explorer

Thought I'd add that I also can't make any calls / text in Tahiti & Mo'orea.  On 2 EE Sims on 2 phones (S9 & S10+) it's shows signal bars likes it's connected but when I manually select vini or Vodafone it says it's not possible. It does exactly the same on three network on dual  SIM S10+. (Works fine with a vino sim so not a compatibility issue) 

Never had a problem with EE roaming all over the world. Previously EE support have stated that both Sims should work fine in FP but not the case. I'm here for 4 month so this maybe a problem, may have to call support again.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.