by muzboss Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No service in Costa Rica despite paying for a bolt on ?

Have paid for a bolt on whilst here in Costa Rica but it still doesn't work. Can find the I.C.E. network but still showing no signal and need to use my phone to speak to customers !!

49 REPLIES 49
Established Contributor

No Service in Costa Rica

No service in Costa Rica despite parting for a bolt on ??

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: No Service in Costa Rica

Hello @muzboss sorry to hear you are having problems using your phone abroad. Try restarting the phone and/or trying a manual network search and selecting another local network if possible. What phone do you have?

You can also check if roaming has been enabled on your account by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>manage device. If it has not been enabled or the above do not work please call customer service on +447953 966 250 from any phone who can access the account and check your line for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

Established Contributor

Paid for an add yesterday and said it would be live the same day but am a regular traveller abroad and find this frustrating.......you can access my account via you wish ......Have my elderly parents very ill and mother is in end of life care and also need my customers to contact me so your help would be very much appreciated. 

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello there is no access to accounts allowed through here I am sorry. This would have to go through customer service or Live Chat as mentioned above who can look in to this for you. 🙂 

Established Contributor

But if i cannot call them what do I do ??

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

It would be really handy if I could get onto live chat ??????

Established Contributor

The links you sent me are not live and cannot chat to anyone.......also if I go to reply from your message it takes me to a fresh email ??

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @muzboss

Are you a pay as you go EE customer?

Can you try removing and re-inserting the SIM card to see if this helps.

It may also be worth turning the device to 2G only.

It could be an issue with the network in Costa Rica.

Thanks 

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

Have three contracts with you and had the same problem in Mexico last year and even Italy so it seems  to be a problem with EE as other people in this hotel can used their phones.

The I.C.E network is shown on my phone too.

Perhaps I need to look at going to Vodaphone on my return as cannot put up with this nonsense !!

by

Hi @muzboss

Are you a business or personal customer with EE?

Did you make sure that you checked Roaming was active before you went away?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

Am a business customer and did not check my roaming before i left sorry.

Established Contributor

Any answers to my problem would be really helpful 

by

Hi @muzboss

Thank you for coming back to me 🙂

You will need to please call business customer services from an alternative landline or mobile number and they will help try and get services active.

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

have called the helpline and they disconnected the call so am pretty cheesed off by EE and they're inability to provide me with a service whilst abroad. This isn't the first time this has happened so why does it happen again ??

by

Hi @muzboss

Thank you for coming back to us.

I can appreciate your frustration and you want things sorted out.

If the call was disconnected this could have been down to the call being made with little signal strength.

I'd advise to call the team back and hopefully they can get services on for you.

Thanks

Richard

Established Contributor

Re: No service in Costa Rica despite paying for a bolt on ?

Richard.........poor signal strength........have NO SIGNAL and calling from a $1.50 a minute hotel phone !!

Established Contributor

EE system was showing that's I was still in the UK ???

by

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I know you have no signal @muzboss on your EE mobile, I genuinely want to try and get you the best help.  

In terms of signal, I meant that it could have been the landline you are using.

I'm sorry that the call could not be concluded and I hope when you call them again that they can please make sure that your international Roaming is activated.

I am concerned that an International call bar may be present, this would need removed if this is the cause.

I'm sorry I can't help further at this end, we are a user and peer to peer forum and have no account access.

Please try and contact the team again and I hope they can help.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

Understand Richard but find no other method of communicating with EE and as a business customer that relies on communication whilst abroad, it is tireless and frustrating, especially and this happens every time I leave the UK. This indicates that my contract with EE is unworkable and I need releasing so that I can be engaged with a network that does provide me with a reliable service.

You also mentioned "call bar" when I pay for international roaming.......I expect all monies I have paid to be re-Imbursed too !!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.