by Eric888 Investigator
Investigator

No service Iceland

Hi

1. I just land in Iceland and I don’t have any network. I have roaming on but nothing happening. I pay monthly. Can you fix it please 
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No service Iceland

@Eric888 : If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Eric888 Investigator
Investigator

I activated roaming but can’t activate calls abroad. Say need 24h so I am waiting and hopefully will work 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Eric888,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Hopefully you'll be up and running tomorrow. 

Please let us know if not.

Have a great trip.

James

by Eric888 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

still nothing changed.

when I turn roaming and extra calls say I have to wait 24h.

In this time nothing happening so after some time when I log on all settings are back off.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If these settings won't stick you will need to phone CS to set them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Eric888 

When logged into your My EE account a chat option will show when an agent is available.

Our chat team will be able to help you get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Eric888, I often lose my data signal when I'm listening to streamed music in Iceland. It happens to me in ASDA stores, too. I think it's the metal in the building structures. I don't look to make calls in either so I don't know if call making and receiving is impacted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.