by rick22 Investigator
Investigator

No roaming in Colombia (Medellin)

Hi, I see a lot of users have had this issue and I wonder if it has ever been resolved? I have it now. To rehash from previous posts. EE only has roaming contract with Movistar. When you use Movistar there are no bars and texts and calls dont come through. EE advises to turn off 4G as they only have 2G/3G contract and there is not enough signal to get things through otherwise. Have tried that and still nothing. You can't claim to have roaming in Colombia available when it doesn't work in the second biggest city?!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No roaming in Colombia (Medellin)

@rick22  Did you enable roaming on your account before you left the UK ?  as this has to be done. 

by rick22 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I have roaming in other countries already on this trip. This is a specific issue repeated in previous posts for this particular roaming contract in this city/country

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rick22,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear your roaming services aren't working as they should.

This will need to be investigated by our technical team. Please login to My EE where you can chat with customer services online.

Thanks

James

by rick22 Investigator
Investigator

I have done that and they provided no help other than the typical steps for roaming issues which is not useful for this particular running issue that EE has. I will try one more time, but it is not useful unless you provide a technical support that accepts that this is not a user error issue or normal procedural checks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rick22,

If they are unable to resolve the issue immediately, they'll make sure a fault ticket is raised so our support team can investigate.

Thanks for your patience with this.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.