by Wappers Investigator
Investigator

No network abroad

I've just arrived in France and can't get on any network for making or receiving calls and texts, I have a business back in th UK to run

Can anyone help please? 

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Employee

Re: No network abroad

Hi @Wappers and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Wappers Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply @Lee_H 

Unfortunatly none of these are working

When trying to register on a network manually it flashed a message saying my SIM wouldn't allow it

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Wappers

Thanks for trying this.

In this case, I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer and check your roaming is set up

To do this, select Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad > This will show as ticked if roaming is activated, if not try and turn this on.

If this doesn’t work you will need to speak to our customer service team, once you're logged into your My EE a chat option will show when an agent is available.

They will be able to check roaming is active on your account and if not get this set up for you.

Leanne.

by Wappers Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply @Leanne_T

I found these and they were switched off, I have switched them on and it said to allow 24 hours so will see how it goes for that duration, nothing currently working as yet

by

Thanks for the update @Wappers.

You should be up and running tomorrow. Smiley Happy

James

by Wappers Investigator
Investigator

Unfortunately still no service over 24 hours late, getting very dissatisfied with EE now

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to update us @WappersSmiley Happy

I know this seems like a pointless question, but have you tried restarting your device? This normally helps make a fresh connection to the network. Smiley Happy

by Wappers Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B yes I've tried a few times today 

Highlighted
by

Hi @Wappers,

I'm sorry to hear you're not up and running yet.

That's great advice from @Inyourbox. If the restart hasn't helped, please see EE Roaming - What to do if you're having problems abroad for more hints and tips.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

James

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you for the update @Wappers. Smiley Happy

Have you tried signing into your account and checking your services activated correctly?

As @Leanne_T mentioned previously, go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad - you will also need to activate International and Premium Calls.

Can you confirm, can you connect to a network or are you just struggling to make and receive calls?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions