by cinek2 Contributor
Contributor

No internet

im in the USA and for some reason today I have no internet. Can make and receive calls but that's about it. Called support but they weren't much help. In fact after following the instructions I ended up losing reception completely for over an hour. They also suggested switching from at&t to T-Mobile but that's coming up as forbidden and even when I try to switch it errors out. Any ideas what I can do? Can't even get a cab

12 REPLIES 12
by nikork

I am using my phone abroad (San Francisco, USA) and my data just stopped working

I a m UK based EE customer with a package that allows me to use my phone and full 4G coverage in the USA. I am in the USA now. Data was working fine for the first couple of days with a strong 4G signal. Since today my phone only shows a 3G connection and doesn't actually give me any connection. Can anyone help? Data roaming / allow 4G are both switched on on my iphone. I have restarted my phone several times. 

Thanks

by Harrisg66 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I am using my phone abroad (San Francisco, USA) and my data just stopped wor

You are not alone I have the same issue I am in LA - non of the EE Roaming has been working all day today - called customer services and raised a ticket - we have 3 of us here and none are working - lucky I do have an ATT phone so i do have data which also proves its an issue with EE and not a local cell issue...  you can try changing to TMobile and see if that works - Mine just started working again I am now manually on TMobile for data and voice all working again finally.... 

by Harrisg66 Investigator
Investigator

Re: No internet

This appears to be a US Wide issue mine has been down all day today I raised a support ticket with the EE team earlier

Keep trying to connect to TMobile if you can mine came back on just now 

Wife's phone still not working 

by cinek2 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, couldn't pick T-Mobile as it was saying forbidden. Even when I tried to connect it would error out. I went and bought an at&t SIM and am using this now. Done with EE tbh. Too many issues at this point. Wasted half a day with support instead of enjoying the holidays. Business support is really bad. Office closed.... Time to move to 3 and not have to pay extra for something I can't use. Will be calling about a refund as I paid £40 for the data add-on too 🤦‍♂️ as the £4 per day option would not work 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cinek2

I know that you've said AT&T didn't work and T-Mobile didn't work, we're you able to connect to any other US networks?

Does the issue still happen when you use your EE SIM?

Chris

by cinek2 Contributor
Contributor

nope, AT&T was the only option, all other networks were showing as forbidden

by
EE Employee

Hi @cinek2

I understand your frustration with these issues, we have passed over a couple of examples to our roaming team for investigation.

Many thanks,

Lee

by cinek2 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lee

what was the outcome of this "investigation"? I found other posts from last year where EE was "investigating" and no updates have been provided after that

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cinek2

If you're still having problems and are unable to connect to another US operator, please contact our technical support team.

If you're an EE pay monthly customer, I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat or have a different account type, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Thank you.

Chris

by cinek2 Contributor
Contributor

Back in the UK now. That doesn't answer my question tho. I called technical support when I had this issue and they couldn't help. I'll ask again, how did the investigation go? Or is this just a BS answer you lot use to get us off your back knowing damn well we'll be back in the UK soon. Flipping joke!

by
EE Employee

Hi @cinek2

This is not something we have had sight of and we have seen no further examples of issues affecting the USA.

Many thanks,

Lee

by cinek2 Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if you're serious or just joking at this point

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.