by lseastham

No EU connection despite being told on changing plan that it was included. Con?

My wife's phone is on its first trip abroad (Spain) since a change in EE plan that, we were told, allowed free calls in the EU plus data usage etc in accordance with the plan. She has no connection to anything despite turning data roaming on. Is it our fault or were we misled to stop us moving to Three (on which I have excellent EU coverage at no cost)?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No EU connection despite being told on changing plan that it was included. C

@lseastham   Have an allowance that can be used outside of the UK doesn't mean I will work if you haven't called customer services to have roaming enabled on your account before you leave the UK.    This still can be done by login to your online account and waiting to be asked if you would like to live chat.  You can use this live chat to request roaming to be enabled on your account.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: No EU connection despite being told on changing plan that it was included. C

Hi @lseastham,

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

As @Chris_B has advised, having a plan with EU benefits doesn't automatically enable Roaming on your account.

Can your wife try doing a manual network search in settings - to see if it allows her to connect to a network manually.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.