by huk Investigator
Investigator

No EE roaming in Spain

I arrived to Spain 10 days ago. Everything was fine with my phone for the first 8 days, then one morning internet was not working any more (unless I am using WIFI). I can still make calls and send or receive messages, but I have had no data service for two days.

I tried switching off and on the phone several times, and I even bought an add on that should give me plenty of GB of data for EU use.

Also tried selecting different network operators. Only Orange and YOIGO are available (Movistar and Vodafone not accepting my connections apparently), but I get no data with neither of them.

Other people around me have no issues at all.

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No EE roaming in Spain

@huk  If everything was ok before now then you might have used up your allowed allowance of 15GB of data or a setting on your device has been changed.   If calls/texts work still then roaming is still enable on your EE account. 

by huk Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your message Chris,

A 15GB allowance? Yesterday I bought a 500GB add on, and I received a text message (150) saying that my phone was ready to use abroad and that if I had an add on I could use my allowances in the EU. The message didn't mention anything about a 15GB limit, what do you mean with that?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE have a Fair Usage limit of 15 GB when roaming in the EU. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by huk Investigator
Investigator

Can you please confirm if that limit applies even if you buy an 500GB data add on, which is supposed to provide you with EU data?

by huk Investigator
Investigator

Also, does that 15GB limit means that you don't get any more data access, or that you have to start paying extra feww after that limit?

Because in my case I don't get any data at all (I would be happy to pay for it)

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @huk,

Welcome back to the community.

You should have received a text message from EE if you had reached your fair usage limit.

We don't offer a 500GB add-on so I presume it was 500MB?

What happens when you try to load a page in your web browser?

Thanks

James

by huk Investigator
Investigator

Yes, sorry, 500MB, got confused thinking I could have reached the 15GB limit. Obviously not the case, and no, didn't receive any message at all.

apps and web broser say I am off line.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status tell you when not on WiFi?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @huk,

Is your phone displaying a 4G, 3G or 2G signal?

Thanks

James

by huk Investigator
Investigator

After three days my data service has finally come back to life. I tried to switch off and switch on the phone in a different city and suddenly I got connection again. I have of course tried that a few times when the problem arised, and also had tried connecting to different networks. It seems from a different city I got a different connection and things are now working again.

Very poor roaming service anyway -or poor performance of local orange networks for roaming services - 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @huk,

I'm glad to here your all up and running again.

Enjoy the rest of the time you have in Spain 🙂

Alex

by huk Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I am once again having that problem. More than 24h without data now.

Some months ago I received a message from EE telling me they had had some general problem which affected quite a few phones.

I called 150 (not a free call) but I only found a very agressive representative who was of zero help. Because had zero interest in helping.

Apart from switching to a different provider, how can I deal with that? I need data!!

Regards

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@huk   Are you a contract or PAYG customer?   If on contract did you enable roaming on your account before you left the UK ?  Have you enabled data roaming in the device settings?   do you have any data allowance to use ?  Have you restarted the device since you got there ? 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.