by Rose20
Explorer

New roaming charges

Hi, I am on the rolling contract, does it mean that now I can call EU for free? I am using an app at the moment and paying 5 pounds a month to call EU. As I have unlimited minutes  on my contract can I call EU as I would call someone in UK for free? I am also going for a holiday in EU, does it mean I can use my internat data and minutes for free as well? Many thanks, Rose.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: New roaming charges

@Rose20  It’s not free to call the EU as your not roaming in the UK.  You can call UK mobiles if there in the EU at no extra charge. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Rose20  It’s not free to call the EU as your not roaming in the UK.  You can call UK mobiles if there in the EU at no extra charge. 

by Rose20
Explorer

Thank you for a quick reply. So if I go on holiday to Italy I can only call (for free) UK but not other EU countires?

Many thanks,

R

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Rose20

Thanks for coming here.

You can use your allowance for calls and texts to the UKL and also EU countries,

For full information see our EE Roaming help page.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

International calls from the UK are not free, but you can text CALL ABROAD to 150 to get them cheaper than standard. This is not roaming as you are still in the UK.

When you are roaming in EU, remember that your are limited to up to 15 GB / month for data (Fair Use Policy).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.