by Yolanda17 Investigator
Investigator

New contract last week. Cannot txt or call from France. Urgently need to!

I have tried each available network but am unable to send texts or make calls, though I can receive both. Contract was set up last Wed.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New contract last week. Cannot txt or call from France. Urgently need to!

@Yolanda17   Did you call customer services and request roaming to be enabled on your account before you left the Uk ? 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi @Yolanda17, as @Chris_B says, it may be that your roaming is not activated. Check online at ee.co.uk by logging in to your account, or you can call EE as below.

There is a freephone number for EE Customer Services that you can call free using Skype or another VoIP app, from a computer or your phone via WiFi - it's +44 800 956 6000 .

Other than Skype, Tesco International Calling app is another good option - when you install it on your phone it gives you £1 free credit. 0800 numbers are free from this app as well, and of course it can be used over WiFi.

One of the above options should enable you to ring through to EE over any WiFi connection (hotels, restaurants, etc.), and get your roaming activated.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Yolanda17.

Thanks for coming here for help.

As you can receive calls this will need looked into as the international call bar could be active on your account.

Are you with us on an EE personal contract?

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Investigator

Hi, yes I am with EE on a new personal contract, set up last week. My no is ************ Not sure if roaming is activated, and if not how I can activate it without calling cust servs, which obviously I cannot do. Thanks, Yolanda

[MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal details onto a public forum]

Investigator

Hi, yes I am with EE on a new personal contract, set up last week. My no is xxxxxxxxxxxx. Not sure if roaming is activated, and if not how I can activate it without calling cust servs, which obviously I cannot do. Thanks, Yolanda

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

by
EE Employee

Hi @Yolanda17

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and ring using format of 00447*********

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi, I have tried several networks. I have rung using 0044 format. No luck. Can you check if roaming is activated for me? I have a personal account. Y
by
EE Employee

Hi @Yolanda17

As the suggestions have not worked, please pop to the live chat link.

This can be found in your Private Messages.

Our customer service team will be able to assist with your issue.

The link will be active from now till 8pm (UK TIME).

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thank you for the pm and the link to live chat but the live chat team is not available. Despite their opening hours being 8am to 9pm, seven days a week, and despite the fact that it is now 5.10pm GMT, easily within those hours, the message on that page reads: sorry, we're closed at the moment. Please can somebody from your team call me, as my phone does accept incoming calls. My no is ************

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Investigator

Thank you for the pm and the link to live chat but the live chat team is not available. Despite their opening hours being 8am to 9pm, seven days a week, and despite the fact that it is now 5.10pm GMT, easily within those hours, the message on that page reads: sorry, we're closed at the moment. Please can somebody from your team call me, as my phone does accept incoming calls. My no is *************

by
EE Employee

Hi @Yolanda17

If it is saying closed it does mean that an operator is not available currently, please do keep trying.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.