by Johnwood2 Investigator
Investigator

Network connection in Sydney, Australia

I have arrived in Sydney but cannot get a connection despite setting up calls and text add ons before leaving the UK. Have e mailed EE but not received a reply! 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Network connection in Sydney, Australia

@Johnwood2   There is no email address for you to use and don’t forget that customer services are not open 24 hours a day.     Purchasing add-ons does not enable roaming on your account to do this you need to call customer services and requested it to be enabled or you text ROAMING to 150 before you leave the UK.   Log into your online accounts and wait for a live chat window to pop up you can use this to them request roaming to be enabled on your account.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Johnwood2

Welcome to the community. I hope you're having an amazing time in Sydney. 🙂

Please try the steps below to get a mobile connection:-

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Let me know if that works.

Chris

Investigator

Hi, I had previously responded but it appears to have got lost! I tried everything except rebooting but with no joy! However, I then received notification of an update which I downloaded and installed. Once installed the signal appeared! Thanks. 

Investigator

I found an webmail address on the EE website but although I received an acknowledgement I have still not received a reply!

Txt and call add ons were added and on before leaving the UK but roaming is only started and charged when used. Thanks. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning or afternoon @Johnwood2

As I type this, it should be around 16.15pm down under 🙂

I have just read that you now have signal, this is fantastic.

Here is some of the Australia roaming costs, should you need them.

Thanks for coming to the EE community, @Chris_B and @Christopher_G offered you the support which I trust has now solved this for you.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.