by Chillster
Explorer

Need to call Spanish mobile while in Spain but keep getting call ended

Trying to call a Spanish mobile while in Spain, but keep getting call ended straight away.  Have dialled another number and that's ringing.  I'm PAYG.  Any help appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Need to call Spanish mobile while in Spain but keep getting call ended

@Chillster do you have the following both turned on to facilitate this?

1. Roaming

2. International and Premium Number calling

Check in your browser My EE in Device Settings. If they are not On then toggle them to On, then Save, then Restart your phone.

by Chillster
Explorer

I have an old Samsung phone, no options like that.  Tried from another phone and same call ended message.  Used my phone for other Spanish mobile calls no problems.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chillster , You need to use the browser and go into your account to see if roaming and international calls are enabled, that is ticked, has nothing to do with the phone, as it does not matter how old the phone is.

Also are you making sure that you the Spain international prefix before the number you dial, that is +34 and then the number?

Are you sure you are ringing the correct number and that person has not changed their mobile number or cancelled it?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Chillster

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

I hope you're having a fantastic time in Spain. 

I would recommend following the advice previously given and check these features are active within your My EE. Once logged in just follow these steps:

Menu > Manage device > Ensure both Calling Abroad and Roaming are activated. 

Katie

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed, @Schockwave@Katie_B : They don't have such settings in MyEE for PAYG. Roaming is auto enabled for PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chillster : If you are able to call other Spanish mobiles from Spain but not this 1 then something's up with that no. & nowt to do with your phone. It could be switched off & not set up for VM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX don't you think I know that by now? Well, I did and I do. There was no harm in me leaving my post as it was. I considered changing it before posting or else inserting the obvious PAYG thing but didn't - as both are needed to be On. And someone not on PAYG could equality benefit from my post.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for spotting @XRaySpeX 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thank you, @Katie_B .I'm glad you can see that there is no point in confusing the OP with impossible & unnecessary instructions.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@XRaySpeX , I did not say My EE I wrote browser, as I know that Pay as you Go do not have those settings, but thought that if the person logged into his/her account via the browser, they would be able to make sure the settings are correct, but sorry if that is not possible, and was the wrong information.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

My sole objective in spotting this & pointing it out is to help & not hinder the OP and nothing beyond that.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX tell me somrthing I don't know. And do calm down.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.