by mjswainwright Investigator
Investigator

Need pin to remove call barring on s8

I have roaming enabled on my s8 but it stills show international calls are barred and I need a pin which I don't have. Can anyone help? Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Need pin to remove call barring on s8

Hi @sjabond

Lifting the international car bar from our side should lift the bar on the device.

I'll send you a Private Message with a link to the tech chat team.

They'll be able to investigate for you.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

12 REPLIES 12
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@mjswainwright

Try dialing with country code. 

For example if you calling back UK use 0044 or +44 before number. 

Many Thanks 

by sjabond Investigator
Investigator

I've was in italy last week  and had the same issue but EE say it's a Samsung issue & Samsung say  it's an EE fault. However my wife had the same problem & she has an iphone 7, Not only that EE sent me a new SIM to solve the problem but no change & I'm away again in 4 weeks & still no better off!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

by mjswainwright Investigator
Investigator

Hi @tahirmian

I'm still in the UK but wanted to get it sorted before I go abroad in 2 weeks. Thanks

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@mjswainwright

You need to Give a call  To - EE customer services from your EE and from any other provider to 07953 966 250 to make sure you roaming on your account and you make sure as well no international call barring on your account. 

Many Thanks 

by
EE Employee

Hi @mjswainwright & @sjabond

As advised by @tahirmian if you give customer services a call they'll be able to remove the international bar.

by sjabond Investigator
Investigator

Hi Karen_c,

I have been on to customer services for 4 days now & no-one seams to know about the barring password! On Wednesday I called twice! The first ocassion they said it was a Samsung issue so call them, after a call to Samsung they said it was to do with the phone talking to the sim so therefore it was a network issue. Call 2 to EE we will send out a new SIM this has happened only for my old SIM to be deactivated so no phone for 2 days & now with new SIM installed same issue! Left hand & right hand have no idea what to do next!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @sjabond the call barring password (PIN2 code) is set to 1111 by default on EE SIM cards. If you have entered this incorrectly three times then the service will block and to unblock it a PUK2 code needs to be requested through customer service. You then get ten attempts to enter the PUK2 code correctly before the service is permanently blocked and the only way to get it working again is by ordering a replacement SIM card. 🙂

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @sjabond

Lifting the international car bar from our side should lift the bar on the device.

I'll send you a Private Message with a link to the tech chat team.

They'll be able to investigate for you.

by sjabond Investigator
Investigator

Hi Just been on to a great tech chap called Simon & have sorted the issue! As I haven't set call barring there isn't a password to disable it however when he looked further into my account setting with EE my account was showing call barring so with a phone & account reset at the same time my call barring is now disabled.

Many thanks to Simon if only id spoken to him on Wednesday it may of saved me alot of hassle & calls to different department.

He has now put the fix out to the customer service time for any one else with the same problem.

by
EE Employee

Aww that's great news @sjabond

Really glad it's all sorted - I knew the guys on tech chat would be able to get to the bottom of it for you!

I'll certainly pass on the feedback.

Have a lovely weekend!

by sjabond Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

The only way is to contact customer service and demand they put you through
to technical for some reason the s8 switches call roaming off it's self and
the tech guys at EE have to reset it the you reset the phone.

It took me 3 days to sort and EE told me on 3 occasions that it wasn't EE
fault it must be the phone so keep on pushing until you get them to sort
it.

Good luck

Simon
by
EE Employee

Thank you for the advice @sjabond 

Hope this helps fellow forum users 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.