cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIGNAL IN CANADA

BRYAN0800
Investigator
Investigator

I cant top up or get signal on my UK sim when im in Canada. Why is this? I have roaming etc turned on?

15 REPLIES 15

If anyone could help me it would be so appreciated. I need to get my uk number working so I can access my online banking. Im in Canada  with no access into my bank account as my  uk bank need to text my uk sim to confirm its me. It is impossible to contact EE customer care as it is all automated. The automated person at EE does not recognise my number and there is no other option to choose from. There must be someone out there that can help. i just need to get my sim card working and I will change to a better provider afterwards and I promise I wont ask anymore questions on this thread. It is such a simple question so Im surprized nobody can answer it. i am offering money to top up my sim but it is literally impossoble to do it as I am outside the country. I tried every website possible and It looks like my sim is in hibernation mode now. a A flight home to UK will cost over 2000 dollars which is not economical for me. I just need EE to reactivate my sim but it seems it would be easier to get a hold of Lord Lucan than dealing with this site

@BRYAN0800   If the sim has gone into hibernation and only a call to customer services can rectify this.  

Thanks Chris how would I get a hold of customer service? The automated system does not recognise my sim card number even though I have it infront of me with EE wrote on it

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to contact customer care from Canada.

I have a phone that can make calls so no issue there in making a call.

Issue is to get through to customer care your sim card needs to be active. In my case its not active its gone into hibernation mode therfore I cannot get a hold of anyone in EE.

Does anyone know of someone who could take a call for me and reactivate my sim. I am locked out of my Uk bank account now as nobody could reactivate my sim card in EE.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @BRYAN0800

Please try calling on +44 (0) 800 079 8586

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Joz141
Visitor

iPhone...... Settings - mobile data - turn mobile data off (if you only want to use wifi) - mobile data options - data mode standard - voice and data 4G. Keep network selection on Automatic.