by BRYAN0800 Investigator
Investigator

NO SIGNAL IN CANADA

I cant top up or get signal on my UK sim when im in Canada. Why is this? I have roaming etc turned on?

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: NO SIGNAL IN CANADA

@BRYAN0800  have you restarted your device since you got there ?   Just to add your pack allowance will not work while there you’ll need credit for the account to pay for calls/texts

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @BRYAN0800

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you try and connect to a network in your phone settings?

• iPhone – Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Does your phone show signal?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Investigator

Thanks for the suggestions guys and girls. i tried restarting my phone, tried turning my phone but no good. I then took off automatic in network selection and it gives me Telus or Bell. I tried both but neither work??

Can I give you my mobile number incase for some reason EE deleted it or took it out of service.?

Investigator

I cant seem to top up my phone number from Canada either?

by

Good Morning @BRYAN0800.

Thanks for getting back to us. 

When was the last time your SIM was used for any chargeable activity? 

Is there a chance your SIM might be in hibernation?

When your number is in hibernation, it is still possible to get it back until you’ve reached 269 days of no chargeable activity.

After 273 days the number will be recycled and lost.

Katie 🙂

Investigator

Hi Katie,

I phoned all the EE numbers from my canadian mobile phone as my ee sim card doesnt work. I cant get through to any of your operators as you need to enter your mobile number to talk to one of EE operators and when I type in my EE mobile number it is not recognized. There is no other options available so I had no choice but to hang up each time? Any other way I can reactivate my sim card or would I have to fly back to UK to buy a new one? lol 

by

Hi there @BRYAN0800

You will need to speak with a member of our customer care team. 

Are you calling from an international number? is there another UK number with you?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Investigator

What would be customer cares number? I can dial UK numbers with my canadian phone?

Investigator

I can get through to 07953966250 but when I select option 1 or any option on my mobile it doesnt recognise it? 

Investigator

If anyone could help me it would be so appreciated. I need to get my uk number working so I can access my online banking. Im in Canada  with no access into my bank account as my  uk bank need to text my uk sim to confirm its me. It is impossible to contact EE customer care as it is all automated. The automated person at EE does not recognise my number and there is no other option to choose from. There must be someone out there that can help. i just need to get my sim card working and I will change to a better provider afterwards and I promise I wont ask anymore questions on this thread. It is such a simple question so Im surprized nobody can answer it. i am offering money to top up my sim but it is literally impossoble to do it as I am outside the country. I tried every website possible and It looks like my sim is in hibernation mode now. a A flight home to UK will cost over 2000 dollars which is not economical for me. I just need EE to reactivate my sim but it seems it would be easier to get a hold of Lord Lucan than dealing with this site

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BRYAN0800   If the sim has gone into hibernation and only a call to customer services can rectify this.  

Highlighted
Investigator

Thanks Chris how would I get a hold of customer service? The automated system does not recognise my sim card number even though I have it infront of me with EE wrote on it

Investigator

Customer Care

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to contact customer care from Canada.

I have a phone that can make calls so no issue there in making a call.

Issue is to get through to customer care your sim card needs to be active. In my case its not active its gone into hibernation mode therfore I cannot get a hold of anyone in EE.

Does anyone know of someone who could take a call for me and reactivate my sim. I am locked out of my Uk bank account now as nobody could reactivate my sim card in EE.

by

Re: Customer Care

Hi there @BRYAN0800

Please try calling on +44 (0) 800 079 8586

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions