cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIGNAL IN CANADA

BRYAN0800
Investigator
Investigator

I cant top up or get signal on my UK sim when im in Canada. Why is this? I have roaming etc turned on?

15 REPLIES 15
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@BRYAN0800  have you restarted your device since you got there ?   Just to add your pack allowance will not work while there you’ll need credit for the account to pay for calls/texts

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @BRYAN0800

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you try and connect to a network in your phone settings?

• iPhone – Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Does your phone show signal?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and girls. i tried restarting my phone, tried turning my phone but no good. I then took off automatic in network selection and it gives me Telus or Bell. I tried both but neither work??

Can I give you my mobile number incase for some reason EE deleted it or took it out of service.?

I cant seem to top up my phone number from Canada either?

Katie_B

Good Morning @BRYAN0800.

Thanks for getting back to us. 

When was the last time your SIM was used for any chargeable activity? 

Is there a chance your SIM might be in hibernation?

When your number is in hibernation, it is still possible to get it back until you’ve reached 269 days of no chargeable activity.

After 273 days the number will be recycled and lost.

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie,

I phoned all the EE numbers from my canadian mobile phone as my ee sim card doesnt work. I cant get through to any of your operators as you need to enter your mobile number to talk to one of EE operators and when I type in my EE mobile number it is not recognized. There is no other options available so I had no choice but to hang up each time? Any other way I can reactivate my sim card or would I have to fly back to UK to buy a new one? lol 

Katie_B

Hi there @BRYAN0800

You will need to speak with a member of our customer care team. 

Are you calling from an international number? is there another UK number with you?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

What would be customer cares number? I can dial UK numbers with my canadian phone?

I can get through to 07953966250 but when I select option 1 or any option on my mobile it doesnt recognise it?