by MJV Investigator
Investigator

NO DATA WHILST OVERSEAS LAST WEEK.

Overseas last week and for no reason at all my data service just stopped and remained that way until i returned home. 

Normally you call EE within 20mins they normal put things right..

However last week i spent three days at numerous times of the day calling EE, a recorded message would always reply "sorry but due to the poor weather we have finished early today, please call later" - It tarnspired after calling today they never finished early but closed the entire call center becasue of the snow for that entire time i was calling.

So a company as large (the largest in the UK does not have a provison to the millions of customers it has when it snows...??? a telecommunications company unable to answer its telephones....!!!!!!

The problem caused by not having data when i'm supposed to have it and being unable to get it resolved casues me many hundereds of pounds of additional costs having to utilise overseas calling cards and data usage and when calling EE the initial responce is "sorry sir we had snow" - sorry EE its winter, something which happens each year and occationally it does snow and if the call centre is based in Scotland where it snows quite often, is there a contingency for someone to be capable of using a telephone somewhere else within your network (you do bang on you're the biggest in the UK....!!) IT SEEMS NOT....

So i call to complain now back in the UK, i'm told we can give you £6, which we can round it up to £10... NOT HAPPY... Ask to be put onto a member of the managment team, explain all again, NO DATA, COULD NOT GET THROUGH TO CALL CENTRE, THEY BLAME SNOW, TELL THEM THERE PROBLEM CAUSES ME MANY HUNDREDS OF POUNDS IN ADDITIONAL COSTS........ ...... ETC ETC... 

I'm asked what would be a resonable refund becasue of the problem caused.. I inform them the whole amount would be nice (£300+) but i know you cannot do this so £100...?? i get told we shall give you £50... (SO WHY ASK WHAT IS A RESONABLE AMOUNT WHEN I ACTUALLY GIVE A REASONABLE AMOUNT AS I KNOW £300 IS UNREASONABLE)

The guy at EE customer services states its not our fault we could not help you during that time so this is the best i can do.. IT WAS THE SNOW... 

SORRY EE, ITS YOUR FAULT, YOUR THE PROVIDER AND YOU HAVE NO MEASURES IN PLACE TO LOOK AFTER YOUR CLIENTS AND FIFTY QUID WON'T CUT IT I'M AFFRAID... YOUR COMPETITORS COVERED THE PROBLEM AND WERE CAPABALE TO GIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH A HUMAN BEING ANSWERING CALLS (MAYBE A LITTLE SLOWER THAN NORMAL BUT THEY HAD SOMETHING RATHER THAN NOTHING....!!)

NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH YOU EE WHEN NEEDED YOUR NOT THERE AND BANG ON ABOUT BEING THE BEST.... SORRY YOUR NOT .....!!!

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: NO DATA WHILST OVERSEAS LAST WEEK.

Hello there @MJV

I am sorry you were unable to contact us during the extreme weather conditions.

In regards to your query that our customer service team have been unable to resolve for you, I recommend speaking to our complaints team.

They will be able to get this looked into for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

by MJV Investigator
Investigator

Ive been passed on from the initial customer service team to a manager which i insisted it be escilated to the complaints team after he insisted "Its £50 FINAL OFFER" emphasising the "FINAL OFFER" on numerous occations.

Advised a operations manger will call next within 7 - 10 hours.. Still waiting but we have a few hours still to go and we'll see what comes up next..

Sorry, confidence in EE is at a all time low...!!

Won't be singing your praises much for a while the way its going... Looking into my options about EE once this is resolved and to make a formal complaint to the regulator on Monday.... 2nd rate service..!!

Dont trust what you hear from Kevin Bacon when he tells you EE are the biggest and best.. SO GOOD (AND THIS A TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY) THEY CAN'T MAN ANY PHONES WHEN THERE'S WINTERY WEATHER DURING THE WINTER.. 

by MJV Investigator
Investigator

Oh What a supprise....!!

Informed i'd be called within a time limit of 7-10 hours - guess what - nothing...!!!

Seems EE dont like making weekend calls either... What will be the excuse this time (can't blame the snow now...)

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE 100% ....!!

Spoken to many others who have told me once you dig in and insist with EE they choose to not call you thinking you'll forget about it... and then give a lame excuss why they did'nt call when you chase it up....

The monthly fee forms part of the whole service which includes customer service...

THIS CUSTOMER IS GETTING NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL...

SO WHAT I'M PAYING FOR, I'M NOT GETTING VALUE FOR MONEY..

by

Good afternoon @MJV

I'm sorry to hear that the level of service you advise that you've had has not met your expectations on this occasion.

As @Leanne_T has advised here 

Please follow our complaints process to try and find a suitable outcome to this situation.

Thank you

Richard

by MJV Investigator
Investigator

The telephone call as promised would be a nice start....!!!!

A EE customer servives manager during a call yeaterday informed me a Opertaions Manager would call when i escalated the complaint.... This i have not received, why should i now as the customer be expected to deal with another persons instruction when that gauranteed to me cannot be carried out as i have been informed... 

A typical "passing the buck" due to the incompetence of others...

Sorry i expect what ive been promised... This i shall be wanting to notify the regulator of such poor service at my first availability in the coming days if this will not get resolved..

by

Hi @MJV

Please await the call back from the operations manager, if you are following the escalations process.

We have no account access in the EE community, but I'm sure your case will be fully assessed and looked at to try and find the right resolution and suitable outcome.

I sincerely hope that things are resolved in a timely manner for yourself.

Thanks

Richard

by MJV Investigator
Investigator

AS yet still no reply, called again yesterday and informed i would receive a call today.

The customer service member i spoke to apologised informing me the system noted i was to receive a call and that till now a call had yet been made...

This is such a poor and disresopectful service from EE..

Is'nt the fact i have been given promises which have yet to be kept a breech of contract on behalf of EE and that i have every right now to seek further compensation for not receiveing the service i am expected to receive (not only as my part of my monthly fee but also that promises to call within certain timelines have still yet to be met..)

VERY BAD SERVICE EE 

by

Hi @MJV

I hope that when you do speak with someone, that you will get a resolution and outcome satisfactory to yourself.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by BloodyRedz Investigator
Investigator

Hey, what country where you roaming in? Sometimes the roaming agreements change between uk and foreign networks. For example if your in spain the required network is now movistar instead of orange esp. Sometimes simply a manaul network search and selecging a new network will resolve for you. 

I totally understand the frustration but do disagree. The weather over this period was horric in some parts and i commend EE for closing sites and putting their employees safety first for the few days they that did.

I mean in no way to cause offence to yourself. Just some of my own opinions

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.