by Pabs3001 Investigator
Investigator

My travel data pass has not reset

Hi there

I'm in the US and have a travel data pass. For the first 2 days it worked fine but it ticked past midnight in the UK yesterday and now it's telling me I have no data left. There's no way I've used 500MB as it went straight to disconnected... I'm really stuck without the data add on. I've tried resetting phone, turning mobile data on and off, everything I can think of. Is there a way to restart the system or get things working again? Thanks

Paul

10 REPLIES 10
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: My travel data pass has not reset

I often find these problems when roaming tend to go away after a while, but if it's still happening 19 hours after midnight, it may be something else. Can you try and contact EE and ask? Though they are aboutto shut for the night.

What happens if you try and go to a site like http://neverssl.com - does it redirect you to an add-on page? In the past I've purchased the add-on and EE have refunded it when it's clearly not been my fault, but there's no guarantees without talking to EE first.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pabs3001

Hope you're having a fantastic time in the US. 🙂

Could you try connecting to a different available network?:

Device Type Actions
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

It's unusual that it woould work and then stop.

Thanks

Chris

by Pabs3001 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks both

I tried all of those, including manually selecting network, and didn't have any luck. After 24 hours, it ticked to another day and the data reset and started working again. So that was great for a few days and now on Saturday 2nd (UK time) I'm getting the same issue again. Is this just a weekend thing? I even got a text from EE at 4.03pm (I'm in US so that's 3 minutes past midnight UK time) asking me to buy data... So before I'd even had a chance to start using data on the new day...

As before, turning on and off, manually selecting, reconnecting data doesn't seem to work

This is really frustrating and really not good enough to be so inconsistent...

Paul

by

Hi @Pabs3001

I have never heard of a problem quite like this before.

Could you confirm that the same thing is happening on more than one US network?

Thanks

Chris

by Pabs3001 Investigator
Investigator

Yes. It happens on AT&T and T-Mobile. Those are the only networks I can select... The others say "forbidden"

Thanks

Paul

by

OK, thanks for confirming, @Pabs3001.

I've sent you a private message asking for some more information.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by PaulC3
Explorer

Hi, 

I am having the same problem. Currently in the USA and signed up for the travel data pass on Saturday. It worked fine throughout the day but cut off at midnight (UK time).

The http://add-on.ee.co.uk site shows that the travel data pass is active, but trying to get online it says I have 0MB remaining (with "time ran out" for yesterday's 500MB).

I have tried restarting my phone, changing network operator and ubsubscribing/resubscribing to the Travel data pass.

I really don't want to have to phone the helpline (with roaming costs). Anything else that can be done? 

by

Thanks for getting in touch, @PaulC3

I recommend speaking to our customer service team.

You can get in touch with our live chat team by logging into your My EE account on a desktop/laptop browser.

A pop up window will appear when a customer service advisor is available.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

by PaulC3
Explorer

Unfortunately, as a business customer EE does not provide the live chat service. 

I'll try and Skype the international number or something like that... 

by

Ah, OK @PaulC3.

Please come back and let us know what they say.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.