by GarryPettit Investigator
Investigator

My roaming is turned off my contract includes roaming in europe

I cannot express it all here But here we go I have joined EE from Vodafone and have a Samsung s7 Camera (phone) It now turns out has ROAMING blocked. I signed up for a contract that has!! Unlimited calls and was told that could be used in Europe I have also received a EE welcome to Spain text. I have tried many times to register with MYEE and eventually done it after resending my email must be 40 times it one came through to verify my email address. This gave me accesses to my account and to find out my roaming is off!!! it then says just click below but it’s not highlighted so I’m unable to switch it on.

I have been here a week without being able to use it just going around in circles. I have had a live chat which the gentleman said he would re set my sim and that would sort it but did not. Sorry for my rambling but I am very frustrated (e.g. yesterday my granddaughter was stung by a jelly fish and had a bad reaction i had to rush her of to be treated and unable to let anyone know till I returned. )

16 REPLIES 16
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: My roaming is turned off my contract includes roaming in europe

Hi,

@GarryPettit

Have your try manual network search? 

Try that and turn your phone off and back on couple of times. 

It will help you. 

Many Thanks 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@GarryPettit, Did you make sure that roaming was enabled in your account and also made sure that on your phone, roaming is enabled?

You can also check by going into your account and enabling roaming, or you may be able to chat with customer service by going into your account, a pop-up should show and they will be able to help.

Investigator

I have turn off and so many times i have done a manual search It states in my account my roaming is switched off and I can not switch it on it is not highlighted

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@GarryPettit, sorry you are having this problem, you will have to use the chat again to sort this out, not sure why you are having this problem, but always best to text roaming to 150 before leaving the country to make sure it will work.

Investigator

Please read I have stated what you are aking it is NOT INABLED in my account and it is not hightlighted to switch it back on. It seems to be set up as if I a child and the account holder as to do it I am the account holder and pay the bills and 62 yrs old. again sorry but getting very frustrated I just want to contact EE to swich it on.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Sorry @GarryPettit, but there is no account access here, so you will either have to contact customer service using something like Skype or Viber, or in the my account area the live chat should pop up.

Investigator

Hi I have been in my account and no pop ups could be I'm in spain I also cannot contact EE by phone as my roaming is not on 😞

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@GarryPettit, You could try by clicking on shop and see if live chat comes up, you will see to one side of the page, although it should have done in your account. Were you using the EE App or the webpage for your account area? I would make sure it was on the webpage.

Investigator

Is there an email address i can contact EE on directlly to acssess my account

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@GarryPettit, sorry no, not for mobile. Did the live chat not come up for you?

Will see if one of EE staff here can send you a private message with a live chat link.

@James_B, @Richard_C, can you help?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GarryPettit,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I've sent you a private message with a link to chat with customer services online.

A member of the team will make sure your roaming services are activated for you.

Hope this helps.

Have a great holiday. Smiley Happy

James

Investigator

I have the app no luck there i've been in the shop wandered around but no pop ups or contacts except for text 150 or phone numbers which i cannot acssess.

by

Hi @GarryPettit,

Did you get my private message?

Thanks

James

Investigator

The person from live chat sorted it thank you 🙂

by

Brilliant, thanks for popping back to let me know. Smiley Happy

James

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@GarryPettit, glad you got it sorted, thank you for letting us know, enjoy the rest of your holiday, and if ever you need help again, and if we can help we will here, do come back, then.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.