by K03Harding89 Investigator
Investigator

My phone won't call or text? I'm abroad, but it was working on the first day?

9 REPLIES 9
by omawill Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: My phone won't call or text? I'm abroad, but it was working on the first day

Have you gone over your usage limits?

Investigator

Re: My phone won't call or text? I'm abroad, but it was working on the first day

How would I know if I had? I'm unlimited texts and calls so didn't think I could!!

Valued Contributor

Have you made sure that your phone is set up to roam whilst aborad, are you also on PAYG or Pay monthly 

Investigator

Well it was working the first day!! I've only had it a week, so don't know if set up for sure! I'm a pay monthly customer! 

Valued Contributor

To check you're set up before you travel, text ROAMING to 150. Did you do this before you left the UK? 

There may be some problems with your account if you have only had it a week, sometimes a few things just need setting up. If you can hold out until 8am UK time tomorrow (when I think EE opens again) You can contact them here

If you are abroad however you may have to use the alternate contact numbers as opposed to 150.  

When I was with Three my services worked the first day but not the second (Whilst in Germany) It was a simple case of me needing to change which network I was using by default (As there isn't a Three mast where I was) It could also be this. 

Investigator

Thank you so much, I'll try to contact them tomorrow 😊 

Valued Contributor

No problem, I hope you get the issue sorted! 

Come back here if you need any more help; tell us if you got the issue resolved 😄 

Also, have a great time abroad!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@K03Harding89

Try manually search network select available network and turn off automatic network search as you said it was working before. 

Turn of your phone and then on back and try again. 

Many Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @K03Harding89,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

Did you try selecting a different network as suggested by @tahirmian?

- James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.