by LeoR
Explorer

My phone suddenly used about 75% of my 1GB data allowance in one day.

Whilst on holiday in France earlier this week my Sony X suddenly used about 75% of my monthly data allowance of 1 GB on one day. I am now completely out of data as it has used 100%. My daily usage is very small, usually about 25 - 30 Mbs. I did nothing unusual or different on that day. Is there any way I can find out how the data was used so that I can stop it? I will now have to purchase extra data for my current monthly usage but if whatever it is that is using it this will be used up immediately leaving me in the position I am in now.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My phone suddenly used about 75% of my 1GB data allowance in one day.

Hi @LeoR.

Welcome to the community.

What kind of things do you use your data on usually? 

What were you using at the time of it running out?

Jon

by LeoR
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was basically doing nothing with my phone, it was just on standby. However I have continued looking and I have found a page in Settings / Network and Internet / Data Usage / Mobile data which shows a graph of data usage and a list of apps below with the amount of data they have used. I see that BT Cloud used 0.99 GB so that must be the culprit. It has never done that before so I am baffled as to why it has happened this time. I think that I have answered my own query and probably should have tried a bit harder before I posted here.

Anyway it seems that I have not been hacked as I suspected so I will buy more data to use for the rest of this month.

Thanks for trying to help me. If I find the problem persists I will get back to the Community.

Thanks again

LeoR

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeoR.

Thanks for coming back to me.

You could try turning off the Automatic Backup feature on BT Cloud.

I'm glad you managed to find the cause of the problem, and yes, please come back to the community if the problem persists 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.