by C1carrwh Investigator
Investigator

My phone says 'No service' while I'm in Italy. Can't make or receive calls.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My phone says 'No service' while I'm in Italy. Can't make or receive calls.

If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @C1carrwh

I hope you're having a fantastic time in Italy. 

Have you been able to follow the advice provided by @XRaySpeX

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

by C1carrwh Investigator
Investigator

I have done that - gone in to manage device, ticked Roaming. I still have no connection. Just WiFi when I  a hotel. Got EE live chat one evening & they said they would fix it but still not working a day later. 4 days in to hol & no network. Due to meet friends on sat & need to contact them. Now can't get EE live chat help. Grrr.

by

Thanks for getting back to us, @C1carrwh

Device type Steps
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Could you try manually selecting a network, if any others are available?:

Chris

by C1carrwh Investigator
Investigator

I tried manually selecting a network too - didn't work. However IT IS NOW SORTED - in the end I rang EE customer services in the UK on someone else's phone. Got put through to a tech support guy who talked me through various things to do on my phone - in end took Sim card out & gave him it's number. He then magically sorted it. Apparently my phone was still registering as being in UK even tho Roaming was ticked. A mystery to them but it's sorted now, hooray. Thankyou to the tech guy. 

by

Great news @C1carrwh

I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Italy and have a great time with friends on Saturday 🙂.

Katie

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.