by Bentley- Investigator
Investigator

My phone is not working abroad and I text to find out before leaving this is una

My phone is not working abroad and I text to find out before leaving this is unacceptable 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My phone is not working abroad and I text to find out before leaving this is

Hi @Bentley-

Did you activate roaming before leaving the UK? 

Are you on PAYG or EE pay monthly contract?

What device do you have? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Bentley- Investigator
Investigator

Re: My phone is not working abroad and I text to find out before leaving this is

I text 150 before leaving asking if it was activated and they confirmed then I messaged back stating roaming 

and they claimed everything was fine 

and now I get abroad and the only thing that is working is the data 

I am in Greece 

i can’t call out or text and EE are not intersted they have always been a bad firm with the worst customer service 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bentley- wrote:

I text 150 before leaving asking if it was activated and they confirmed then I messaged back stating roaming 

and they claimed everything was fine 

and now I get abroad and the only thing that is working is the data 

I am in Greece 

i can’t call out or text and EE are not intersted they have always been a bad firm with the worst customer service 

@Bentley-

Thanks for the company feedback.

You still haven't answered the questions.

If you have an iPhone try resetting you network settings, for both Apple and Android try looking under network settings to ensure roaming is activated on your device as it tends to be off. 

Also try connecting to the network manually or restarting your device a few times.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bentley-    You can not text asking if it’s activated as you’ll not get a reply. You text ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK.  EE don’t answer back with personal messages saying it’s activated. It’s a automated system that just says roaming is activated. 

by Bentley- Investigator
Investigator

Am I talking to people from EE or people who are customers of EE 

EE are you there are you going to do some work and sort out the situation you have created 

by Bentley- Investigator
Investigator

I have tried all the things possible 

now hoe do I speak to someone from EE and not joe public 

by Bentley- Investigator
Investigator

Can somebody from EE talk to me on here I can’t call you because my phone is not

Can somebody from EE talk to me on here I can’t call you because my phone is not Working abroad all the settings are cotterct I am in the EU I am being scammed by EE 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can somebody from EE talk to me on here I can’t call you because my phone is

@Bentley-

You will have to contact EE. You can also access live chat if you are a pay monthly customer (click on the cross next to EE) or use the app.

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Bentley-

I am sorry to hear this is not working for you.

Our customer services team will be able to help get this looked into.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Thanks Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.