by charkins
Visitor

My parents are in Malta and are getting the call barred message. How can I help?

My parents are in Malta and have eu roaming but are getting calls barred message. How can help?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My parents are in Malta and are getting the call barred message. How can I h

@charkins  The account holder needs to login to their online account and use the live chat when it pops up to have roaming enabled on their account.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My parents are in Malta and are getting the call barred message. How can I h

Good morning @charkins

Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community 🙂

Apart from the phone problems your parents are having, I hope they are enjoying Malta.

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, they may not have been aware that they needed to do this.

I know it's not working at the moment for them.

However, we can help.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, they may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If they are pay monthly personal EE customers, then they need to log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If they can't access this, then they need to please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how they  get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.