by missus_ski Investigator
Investigator

My max plan is not working in usa

I have been in the USA for a couple weeks and my 7GB Maxx plan that I changed a week before leaving is not working at all. I have tried everything- roaming is on and so is international calling, phone network checked, and even spent £19 calling customer support only to be told i have used all my data (which I couldn't seeing as I've had no access) and technical service wasn't available.  My account already reflects my new plan and EE has taken payment for it. I cant afford another phone call like that so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: My max plan is not working in usa

Hi @missus_ski What exactly is happening when you try and use data? If you browse to this site, what happens?

http://neverssl.com

Either:

• You get redirected to the EE add-on page
  • You get nothing, it times out.
  • It works

The answer to that should point to where the problem is.

Assuming you called from your mobile to EE? As calls to EE should be free, i'm sure they will review any costs you incurred. 

Have you got any other add-ons like the Travel Data Pass on your account? Has roaming worked before in other countries?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @missus_ski.

In addition to the great questioning by @chistery, is data roaming switch on within the phone settings as well as on your account?

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Since when did EE do a 7GB max plan ?  They start at 8GB 

Highlighted
Investigator

I know it's strange because it's not listed as an option, but that's what it says under my plan and add-ons. I was on EE chat when they upgraded my plan so maybe that explains it.

Investigator

Hi @chistery  When I visit the site, it takes me to the add-on page. Every time I don't have wifi access, the page comes up and asks me to purchase data. I also got texts when I arrived saying the costs of calls, texts, etc for roaming in the USA.

I really do hope they refund it. I did make the call on my EE phone.

I have never had the travel data pass, but in previous trips to the states I have purchased roaming add-ons as needed. My phone has always worked fine before.

Investigator

Hi @Jon_K 

Yes, both my phone and online account have been switched on.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@missus_ski just to say that you can call EE for free from abroad if need be by calling 0800 079 8586 using Skype. Of course you'd need to use WiFi or else someone's Home Broadband. And you might be able to claim that £19 you paid out previously if it is found that you were not at all at fault with your current issue. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @missus_ski  The fact you get to the add-on page tells us roaming is working and it's an EE account problem and it's not your end, so that's good so far!

If it was me, I'd call EE now - it's 17:20 here so EE are all still at work, and get them to look at the account, it may need a refresh. I'd also ask them to confirm that any call costs to EE are refunded, as you are on a max plan, try and get a text confirmation of that too.

You could use Skype and call EE for free on +44 800 079 8586 if you wanted to avoid any costs.

Or try livechat from the help page, https://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Also when i've had similar issues when roaming in the USA, EE have said they would refund data add-on costs that I'd incurred, so it's worth asking.

Investigator

thank you @chistery @Profile closed @Chris_B @Jon_K  for all your help

After being burned by the first phone call, I opted for chat (accessed via a VPN and finding the right EE page for Chat to become an option) and spoke to a very helpful digital care assistant. After some digging, she found that I was offered a Max plan but the price plan ROW MAX was not applied to my account due to some error. I was refunded the cost of the call and an add-on I had to purchase.  She sent me a text confirmation and I have the transcript of the chat just in case.

Again, thank you for the help and confidence to get this sorted.  I feel better when I have lots of information so maybe this might help the next person 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Glad it's all sorted @missus_ski  now get back to enjoying the USA! 😀

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions