by Jo50 Investigator
Investigator

My husband is in France and has mifi with him, why will it not connect to ipad

My husband has an iPad with him and as he has no internet he takes a mifi with him.  He has arrived in France but it just won't connect, is there something he has to do or can EE do something from here?

many thanks

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My husband is in France and has mifi with him, why will it not connect to ip

What MiFi device has he? Is it on contract or PAYG?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My husband is in France and has mifi with him, why will it not connect to ip

Morning @Jo50

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you can let us know if the device is pay as you go or pay monthly? we will see what we can do to help.

Also, have you tried restarting the device?

Hope to hear back from you soon: )

by Jo50 Investigator
Investigator

I spoke to EE last night and they said roaming was not enabled on the account, so they have activated that.  When I spoke to my husband this morning it is still not connecting.  He is on a contract, the account comes up on the settings on the iPad, does a quick connection but then drops out again straight away.  Any ideas would be appreciated as others are connecting fine out there, thank you

by

Hi there @Jo50

Thanks for the quick reply.

If roaming was set up last night this can take up to 24 hours to activate.

Has he tried restarting the device?

Leanne.

by Jo50 Investigator
Investigator

I wasn't warned it could take that long to work.  Yes he has tried switching off and on.

so if it doesn't work by 10pm tonight then something else must be wrong?

is there anything else we can try in the meantime or do we just have to be patient, which is not my husbands strong point!!

thanks

by

Hi @Jo50

No mine is the same!

Can he connect any other device do you know?

Which WiFi device does he have?

These are settings for the 4GEE WiFi device to connect to a network, could he try the steps listed under automatically connect to a network and see if this helps him get connected?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Jo50 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

he has a Huawei mobile wifi, model E5573s-320 with him and he cannot connect to a PC as he is fishing and at a lake.

he has been trying all day and still cannot connect.

Thanks

by

Hi @Jo50,

I'm sorry to hear it's still not connecting.

Please get in touch with customer services so our technical team can take another look at this for you.

Thanks

James

by Jo50 Investigator
Investigator

So my husband is back from France and I have the gadget back.

i was told by the EE technical team to connect the gadget to the PC and to go on http://ee.mobilebroadband so I can tell the gadget it can roam.  This is to prepare for the next trip to France in a couple of weeks.  This website link did not work for me, just kept getting an error message that website is not valid.

contacted EE again and they insist it should work.  Told me to add .com or .co.uk at the end but this doesn't work either.

so I'm going to have to go into a shop with my gadget to ask them to tell it, it can roam.  Why aren't these gadgets set up initially and told they can roam?

so annoying and frustrating.

by

Hi @Jo50,

If you refer to the device's manual, it should tell you how to connect to its user interface so you can adjust the settings.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jo50 wrote:

to connect the gadget to the PC and to go on http://ee.mobilebroadband

That'll only work with an EE device. Is the Huawei from EE? Otherwise it should be http://192.168.1.1 to get to the router's settings. However I doubt the device itself deals with roaming. That's a network thing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jo50 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your help.  I went to the other website you mentioned and logged in there to change the roaming setting to "enable" so hopefully this should now work in France.

the gadget I bought in car phone warehouse with an EE contract.

so that explains why I couldn't get onto the other website with EE.

at least now I know and understand what went wrong.  Appreciate all your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

They're not websites; they're your router.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.