by jousingemail Investigator
Investigator

My ee sim has no service in New Zealand?

Just got to NZ. EE sim just says no service. Have tried turning 4g off and made sure roaming is on but no luck. Any help? I did cancel my plan before I left. So sim (I assume) has just gone back to pay as you go. But having trouble on the app and website when i try topup or veiw plan options.

Please help! need to receive messages from here.

Thanks!

Jo

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My ee sim has no service in New Zealand?

Hello there @jousingemail

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to manually select any other network in your network settings?

Did you transfer to pay as you go when you were in the UK?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you have credit on your SIM? Roaming in NZ is chargeable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

It used to be pay as you go. Then I changed to a plan about a year ago, cancelled the plan just before I left. So I'm just assuming it's back to pay as you go. Although it won't let me top up on app or website. So maybe not?

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you cancelled a contract then your SIM will have been deactivated. You can't just assume it went to PAYG unless you asked for it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

so to reactivate it would be to call EE?
Thanks
Jo
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @jousingemail when you cancel a PAYM account the number is disconnected unless you also:

• Request to move the number to PAYG.
  • Port the number to another network using a PAC.

When a number is disconnected it is put in quarantine ready to be recycled at a later date. It is not normally possible to retrieve a number after it has been disconnected.

Have you tried ringing the number? If you hear a continuous flat tone or 'you've dialed an incorrect number' then the number has been disconnected.

Only customer service have access to accounts to check if it can but it can not be guaranteed:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @jousingemail

Please do get in touch with customer services as they will be able to see what has been requested when disconnection took place.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.